The Freudenberg Group, a global technology group with 48,000 employees in some 60 countries, develops leading-edge technologies, and excellent products, solutions and services for more than 30 market segments. Freudenberg & Co. Kommanditgesellschaft, with its Headquarter in Weinheim, is the strategic parent company of the broadly diversified Group. Freudenberg Medical is a leading global manufacturer of components for medical devices, complex catheter systems for minimally-invasive surgery and total solutions for the biotech, healthcare and pharmaceutical industries.
Lean Manager – Continuous Improvement
Proven Ability to Drive Change and Improvement in a Fast-Paced Manufacturing Environment
- Utilizes Lean tool box to DRIVE a Lean System
- Provide leadership and run the Lean Steering Committee
- Promote Lean
- Plan, organize, and EXECUTES on Kaizen events
- Conduct Lean training
- Follow up on Kaizen event action list through to close
- Facilitate Continuous Improvement teams using Kaizen, VA/VE, 3P, 5s and SMED
- Execute, track, and take accountability for continuous improvement savings and results
- Guide organization in Lean Systems implementation
- Participates as a member of the plant staff
- Provide input to the Divisional Lean Director to continually improve training materials and technique
- Interfaces with the lean community and functions as the site lean representative
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering
- Lean Systems Certification
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience implementing Lean manufacturing
- Leadership skills
- Preferred knowledge of Six Sigma
- Excellent communication and training skills
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing tool box
- Excellent problem solving and facilitation skills
- Experience in Lean Systems implementation
- Knowledge of continuous improvement methodology (Kaizen, VA/VE, 3P, 5s and SMED)
- Must possess communication and training skills
- Knowledge of the Toyota Production System
- Must have problem solving and facilitation skills
- Must be enthusiastic, tenacious, professional and articulate
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be able to interact with all levels of the organization
- Must have ability and self motivation to become a certified Black Belt within 18 months
Freudenberg Medical is a global leader in medical contract manufacturing; we offer the following services for medical device, pharmaceutical and IVD clients worldwide product design and development, silicone and thermoplastic molding and extrusion, complex catheter systems, assembly, packaging, and engineering services.
For nearly 30 years, medical device and healthcare companies around the world have looked to Freudenberg Medical to make a difference as the custom manufacturer medical industry leaders can trust. We operate FDA-registered, ISO 13485 certified medical device facilities with Class 7 & 8 cleanrooms.
Location: Carpinteria, CA
We are currently hiring for a LEAN Manager who:
- Is a strong motivator focused on providing leadership and inspiring change in those around you
- Have a strong understanding of the business and how Lean Systems impact the bottom line
- Is able to interact with all levels of the organization and they must be able to motivate and direct cross-functional teams to achieve desired results.
- Self-motivated and thrives in a fast –paced, team-driven, “lean” systems environment, where every day brings new projects and challenges.
It’s an exciting time to work at Freudenberg Medical. We know our ability to succeed depends upon the people we employ. Leading-edge technology, the highest standards, and outstanding people make Freudenberg Medical the employer of choice in this industry. We offer a competitive salary plus a full range of benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401K Match.