Trade Floor Desktop Support Engineer. San Francisco
Our IT Support Analyst (Trading Floor) ) is part of the IT team responsible for Trading Floor and Corporate local desktop support. The job of the support engineer will be to provide day to day support to local users as well as some remote. This will involve recording, triaging and investigating issues. The IT support analyst will work closely with the development and network teams to understand the impact and root cause of issues. The successful candidate must be able to communicate clearly and concisely, particularly when under pressure.
The Desktop Support Analyst is the first line of technical support from a technology perspective; the role requires technical proficiency, eager attitude, professionalism, and solid communication skills. The support engineer will need to enjoy working in a fast -paced environment with a demanding user base and must be passionate about delivering continuous improvement across technology. The individual must demonstrate problem-solving & decision-making skills. Has a 'can-do' attitude and takes initiative and a self-starter.
IT Support Engineer Responsibilities:
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers needing technical assistance
- Manage trouble calls via ticket system, telephone, and desk side visits to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end user issues
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level workstation, & laptop hardware and software troubleshooting
- Install and upgrading software, installing hardware and configuring systems and applications such as MS Office, Outlook, Skype for Business, One Drive, softphones, HDD to HDD Imaging / Ghosting, printer, scanner, bio metric, data encryption, VPNWIFI configuration, and firmware updates for deskside equipment such as Cisco & Avaya phones
- Install and manage Spyware/Malware tools
- Install and support Market Data Feeds, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, ICE, Fidessa, Redi+, Fidessa and Global Relay
- Provide network support and troubleshooting for both wireless and wired configurations
- Manage Active Directory at the Organization Unit level
- Support VMware Horizon View, VSphere, and VMware/NSX
- Troubleshoot Cisco/Avaya VoIP telephony
Trade Support IT Analyst Job Requirements:
- Minimum 6+ years of general IT Support with extensive customer-facing experience
- Proficient in current protocols, operating systems and standards including Windows 7, 8, 10, 10 Windows Server 2012, Exchange 2013
- Microsoft Office 2016 and 365 in a managed desktop environment
- Experienced with Active Directory / DHCP / DNS / Group Policy
- Expertise in troubleshooting, resolving and supporting desktops, laptops, applications, hard phones and WIFI devices
- Knowledge of networking technologies like Palo Alto Network next-generation firewalls, Cisco IPCC Express, Cisco routers and switches.
- Experience SAN Storage solutions & Virtualization technologies
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and work effectively under pressure
- Experience providing ongoing support to C-suite executives
- Experience with PowerShell scripting
- Experience working in a similar role at a brokerage firm, private equity, hedge fund, asset management firm, investment bank, or top law firms
- High school degree required, college degree strongly preferred
Preferred Desktop Support Engineer:
- Demonstrated ability to succeed within a company
- Has extensive trade floor support experience and market data products
- Has CISSP, MCSA, MCSE or MOS certifications
We are offering an opportunity for a talented IT solutions provider a career in a privately held firm in the fast-growing fintech market. This is an energetic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the finance and technology. Individuals who thrive in fast-paced environments will be energized by our culture and will flourish. Team members receive, full rich benefits, Silicon Valley perks, and an aggressive bonus plan.
The following terms apply to all applicants:
- Requires NASDAQ hours. San Francisco office hours are Monday Friday 5:30 AM - 2:00 PM.
- Position subject to FINRA Rule 3110(e). Role requires a full background check (job history, education, criminal, and financial records)
- Visa transfer or sponsorship not available for this opening
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 to $130,000.00 /year
- Desktop Support: 4 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)