Holman Frenia Allison, PC, Certified Public Accountants and Consultants (HFA), is headquartered in Central New Jersey. The firm services a diverse client base within the tri-state area providing highly personalized and comprehensive accounting, audit, tax and business consulting services.
HFA is currently recruiting for a Manager to join our team of professionals. Candidate must be hardworking and self-motivated team player interested in a long term growth opportunity.
In this role you will:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the collective effect of various factors on establishing or enhancing effectiveness, or mitigating the risks, of specific policies and procedures.
- Proactively develop client relationships through listening and understanding customer’s needs.
- Clarify the needs of the customer, provides quick and thorough service for requests or problems.
- Review staff assignments for appropriateness; fully understand the qualifications of all staff members.
- Prepare and plans for major projects or assignments; considers the efficient use of resources.
- Act as liaison and advisor to Partners.
- Is a role model; respected by peers and staff as trustworthy, consistent, impartial and fair.
- Embrace and models leadership principles by inspiring subordinates to achieve excellence.
- Effectively leads and facilitates meetings; follows a logical sequence in running a meeting; follows an established agenda.
- Delegate work to staff, resulting in high-quality output and professional growth.
- Oversee engagement performance process from creation to completion. To include, reviewing reports drafted by in-charge or senior accountant as the engagement nears completion, answers any questions that arise, submits reports to Partners for final review and signature.
- Monitor AR and collections monthly; seeks receivables from client-base as required.
- Adhere to billable hours expectations.
- Develop realistic business development goals for self and others, generates new business leads.
- Gather information from several sources to understand problems, trends and opportunities; recognizes and responds to trend, that indicate significant problems.
- Actively participates in community groups; represents the firm positively within the community.
To become a part of this dynamic organization you must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field. MBA or other advanced degree is a plus.
- License/Certification Required: CPA Certification required for Manager position.
- Minimum of 4-7 years’ experience in public accounting audit work, demonstrating a progression of complexity, scope and number of engagements managed.
- Proven ability to recruit, train, and motivate personnel to balance staffing strength with profitability and growth.
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive, but able to recognize and support the Partner’s preferences and priorities.
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities, excellent communication skills.
To submit a copy of your cover letter, resume and application, please visit http://www.hfacpas.com/application-for-employment/
HFA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 4 years (Preferred)
- Auditing: 4 years (Preferred)
- Public Accounting: 4 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance