Thrive Therapy & Social Center is looking for qualified Behavior Technicians (ABA therapists). Thrive has blended a startup mentality with health care by provided clients and staff with a 6,000 (soon to be 10,000) square foot center in San Jose between Campbell and Santana Row. The space creates endless opportunities for meaningful interactions and gives our kids the opportunities to expand their range of interests. Behavior Technicians will work side by side with program supervisors, BCBA's, Speech Therapists and Occupational Therapists. It's a fantastic opportunity with ample support! Not only do our clients thrive, our staff do as well.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Reliable means of transportation with proof of auto insurance and Driver’s license
- Must pass TB test and show proof of immunizations
- Must pass criminal background check
Behavior Technicians are trained to implement 1:1 behavioral intervention programs to children in the center, home, community settings and serve as instructional shadows in school settings. Initially, Behavior Technicians will participate in a training program that provides instruction on Applied Behavior Analysis, management of maladaptive behaviors, social skills development, and data collection techniques applicable to our client population. Training opportunities continue throughout employment as our Behavior Technicians receive on-going supervision from Thrive.
- Applies behavioral principles consistently in all interactions with clients and takes accurate and reliable data for all areas of treatment
- Implements Individualized Treatment Plans under the direction of the BCBAs and/or Program Supervisors
- Assists clients, as needed, to acquire academic and/or appropriate life skills. This may include toilet training, eating, and other self-help skills.
- Supports all members of the staff and assists with ideas, suggestions and work duties * Actively participates in staff training programs designed to increase overall skills
- Implements program plans and other instructional activities
- Communicates in a professional and respectful manner with parents, behavior analysts/program supervisors, speech therapists, occupational therapists and administrative staff
- Assists in creating instructional materials
- Attends and participates in meetings, fundraisers, and other sponsored events
- Observes, records, and reports the condition and behavior of the clients, including maintaining daily records during the day
- Functions as an active member of the treatment team
- Works with clients, consultants, staff, families, and community to implement client's treatment plans
- Consistently implements behavior plans to reduce client's socially inappropriate behavior and promote appropriate social behaviors
- Effectively responds to and manages crisis situations which may include client physical aggression
- Completes daily paperwork and data collection notes in a detailed, accurate, consistent and timely manner
- Follow Thrive’s policies and procedures
It's a great place to work and learn and have fun, all while improving the lives of our clients and their families. Sound good? Send us your resume!
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $17.00 to $21.00 /hour