The Salamanca City Central School District is seeking Substitute:
Food Service Helpers
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS: This is routine manual work performed under immediate supervision in connection with preparation of and serving food in a cafeteria and cleaning of kitchen equipment, silver, and dishes. Does related work as required.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Helps to prepare vegetable and meats;
- Makes sandwiches and salads;
- Sets tables;
- Service food from steam tables in cafeteria-type dining hall;
- Clears tables of dirty dishes;
- Fills sugar bowls and salt and pepper shakers;
- Washes and dries dishes;
- Cleans tables, chairs, serving tables, and other equipment;
- May operate electric washer and dryer in laundering of towels, uniforms, mops, etc.;
- May operate cash register, count money, and issue lunch tickets.
FULL PERFORMANCE KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS: Working knowledge of the proper method of serving food and the care of tableware, glassware, silver, and kitchen appliance; working knowledge of modern cleaning methods and the use of cleaning supplies and appliances; ability to follow simple oral and written directions; physical strength and stamina; physical condition commensurate with the demands of the job.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT FOR APPOINTMENT IN SCHOOL DISTRICTS/BOCES:
Per regulations of the Commissioner of Education, to be employed in a position designated by a school district or BOCES as involving direct contact with students, a clearance for employment from the State Education Department is required.
These are as needed positions. The salary for this position will be in $16.00 per hour.