Top of the Hub is currently looking for a SOUS CHEF. The ideal Sous Chef candidates will have a minimum of 2 years in a high-volume, fine-dining kitchen; a completed culinary degree; and a passion and talent in the field of culinary arts. Good tenure in similar restaurants and banquet experience a plus.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Assisting the Executive Chef in directing the work of the employees within the department.
2. Assisting the Executive Chef in meeting restaurant sales plan.
3. Ensuring quality food from raw ingredients to presentation, which includes prompt expedition of food from kitchen and delivering quality food by maintaining F.A.C.T. Tasting scores of 90% or higher at all times.
4. Assisting the Executive Chef in completing inventories, which includes maintaining organized storage areas.
5. Maintaining Company sanitation, safety, and security procedures, and exhibiting excellent sanitation practices.
6. Assisting the Executive Chef in completing employee schedules on a timely basis based on budgeted labor cost.
7. Working toward completion of Culinary Management Certification Program.
8. Presenting a professional and ethical management posture, which includes consistently exercising fair and honest judgment and assessing problems in a professional manner in order to gain the respect of employees and co-managers.
Responsibilities also include; providing guests with quality food products in flavor, appearance, consistency and texture. Responsible for adhering to recipe and restaurant standards, meeting the production schedule while working with the kitchen team to provide an exceptional guest experience.
Soaring 52 floors above the Back Bay in the Prudential Tower, Top of the Hub's award winning cuisine, service and ambiance of comfortable sophistication blend with the serenity of Boston's best skyline views to deliver a truly one-of-a-kind dining experience.
Top of the Hub offers competitive pay, ongoing training and development, outstanding benefits and flexible work schedules.
This is a full-time, salaried position. Medical, dental, vision benefits and 401(k) available.