RN/Registered Nurse - Clinical Coordinator - ICU - Days(Job Number: 25325-15544)
Work Location: United States-Virginia-Fredericksburg-Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center
Job Type: Nursing - Professional
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provides Clinical Call Support on a shared basis in collaboration with Department Director and corresponding Clinical Coordinators
- Plan and coordinate clinical requirements for staff and ensure that all competency based orientation and annual competency based education requirements for staff are current.
- Plan and assist with coordination of unit staff schedules and submit for director approval.
- Consult with preceptors and orientees on a regular basis to provide support and determine how orientation should proceed on an individual basis.
- Collaborate with the director and other coordinators for issue resolutions and projects to improve work flow processes throughout the department utilizing a proactive approach.
- Collaborate with different departments (inpatient units, quality, pharmacy, radiology, lab, ER, registration etc.) to resolve issues and improve work flow processes throughout the organization.
- Collaborate with the Director and other Clinical Coordinators in the interview process for new applicants.
- Mentor/coach staff to enhance their professional development.
- Participate in the performance assessment and evaluation of staff by providing feedback and coaching for nurses, patient care techs, monitor techs and unit secretaries as well as
ensure that all staff within the Critical Care Team contribute by providing an ongoing self-assessment performance evaluation.
- Understand and communicate clinical equipment or supply issues to appropriate team members (Materials, Biomed, Sterile Processing, IT, etc).
- Provide clinical/education updates and skill check-offs to entire staff on a regular basis.
- Provides immediate support and education on policy, procedures, equipment and supplies.
- Responsible for learning, implementing and teaching new technology/procedures.
- Demonstrates awareness of current problems and basic plan for all patients within assigned area.
- Provides clinical consultation and guidance as needed to facilitate patient care.
- Gives assistance and/or direction to staff to facilitate quality patient flow.
- Assess staffing needs according to workload and staff competency; Re- assigns and adjusts staffing based upon patient care needs utilizing the synergy nursing model.
- Delegates responsibilities within the scope of practice and validated competencies in order to meet the workload demands of the shift.
- Promotes an atmosphere of open communication that facilitates staff input into decision-making, resolution of conflict, and collegiality among all health team members.
- Communicates in an effective, professional manner.
- Facilitates staff performance audits related to attitude, team performance, The Joint Commission, core measure initiatives and evidence-based practice.
- Attend, facilitate and encourage staff participation in departmental projects, hospital committee, and council meetings with appropriate follow-up.
Associates Degree in Nursing
LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIRED:
- Current license as an RN eligible to work in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- BLS for Healthcare Providers
Minimum of 2 years of experience in Acute Critical Care Nursing where effective leadership and supervisory abilities have been demonstrated.