*The Hyperbaric Clinician works with Hyperbaric Treatment Center (HTC) physicians to facilitate patient care and coordinate treatment activities; assists during evaluation of patients; prepares medical charts; prepares chamber for use; and assures patient comfort and chamber orientation are accomplished efficiently. Provides patient and family education. Serves as Care Provider during daily scheduled and emergent treatments. Maintains credentials and competencies, participates in HTC training and safety drills. Participates in monthly “on-call” schedule. Be available to work a minimum of 6 assigned hours and 4 call shifts per month. Maintain continuous availability and 30 minute response time to HTC while on-call.
The Hyperbaric Clinician starts as an on-call Trainee and will be promoted to an on-call Hyperbaric Clinician I, II or III upon successful completion of the trainee period, which includes completion of a Didactic/Clinical Care Provider Course provided by HTC. The three levels of Hyperbaric Clinicians involve varying levels of responsibility and licensure/certification.
LOCATION: Kuakini Medical Center
HOURS: Part-Time and On-Call Opportunities Available
- High school graduate/equivalent or higher
- Current Certification for BLS from American Heart Association
- Enrollment in a Didactic/Clinical Care Provider Course as provided by HTC or equivalent Hyperbaric facility required to maintain employment. Note: Completion of this course is required for Hyperbaric Clinician I, II and III level positions.
- SCUBA Certification and/or familiarity with hyperbaric environment
- 1+ years of experience working in a health care or related facility
- Current certification from the American Heart Association in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) provided by HTC
- Credentialed in a clinical specialty: Dive Medical Technician (DMT), Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), Registered Nurse (RN), Mobile Intensive Care Technician Critical Care Nurse (CCRN), Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Practitioner (APRN), Physician’s Assistant (PA), Respiratory Therapist
- Certified Hyperbaric Technician / Certified Hyperbaric Registered Nurse (CHRN) certification through the National Board of Diving and Hyperbaric Medical Technology (NBDHMT)
- Familiar with hyperbaric chamber (inside) ancillary equipment, i.e. oxygen hood / protocol box (O2 supply)
- Communication (headsets) device and clinical equipment, i.e. BP sphygmomanometer, blood glucose monitor, etc.
- Candidate will be cross-trained in rudimental operations of hyperbaric chamber and support equipment.
- Ability to work inside a chamber environment that is enclosed, pressurized and of small quarters.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Requires ability to lift 100 pounds (assisting incapacitated patients).
- Successful completion of a hyperbaric physical exam and in-chamber pressurization test
- Retirement plan with 3% dollar-for-dollar company matching contributions
- Employee assistance program
- Pet insurance with competitive premium rates
UCERA (dba University Health Partners of Hawai’i) is an EEO/AAP employer and as such all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Job Type: Part-time