Poshmark, a leading social commerce platform, is seeking a Legal Specialist to be a founding member of the legal team and help build out the legal infrastructure needed to support a high growth company. Poshmark's mission is to combine the power of people and technology to transform commerce, making buying and selling simple, social and fun. This is a wonderful opportunity for a motivated person with high EQ, curiosity and desire to learn and for someone passionate about demonstrating how Legal can be a strategic partner to the business. The role will report to the Chief Legal Officer.
- Contracts: review, revise and finalize, under the guidance of the CLO, NDAs, vendor agreements, SOWs and related documents, in support of marketing, advertising, sponsorship and operations.
- Stock administration: administer and handle the day-to-day duties of our equity program, including processing stock option exercises, share transfers, and issuing new employee grants in and through a software tool, Carta. Work closely with the Finance team and HR with respect to equity related communications and prepare and deliver equity related trainings to employees. Partner with the CLO and outside counsel to manage the cap table.
- Immigration: partner with HR and outside counsel to facilitate H1-B visas and other tasks related to immigration support services to employees.
- IP: partner with the CLO and outside counsel to support the trademark and patent portfolio, assist with handling disputes relating to trademarks, copyright, DMCA and any other litigation matters.
- Board and Governance: prepare minutes of board and committee meetings, maintain corporate records, team with the CLO to on-board and support Directors and Officers, prepare and file any state or federal required documents, including with the SEC. Maintain board books and related presentations, policies in and through the tool. Help craft and communicate company policies to employees, including creating online trainings.
- Maintain corporate entities globally in partnership with the Finance team, and prepare any and all state, other regulatory filings.
- Research a variety of legal issues and topics for a growing marketplace company.
- Develop in partnership with CLO and Legal Operations trainings on a variety of topics and processes including contracting basics, attorney-client privilege and maintaining confidentiality.
- Partner with the CLO and key business stakeholders to craft an intranet site for Legal resources available to employees, such as presentations, guidelines, checklists, and template contracts.
- Interface with tools of outside counsel and legal vendors, such as for trademarks, patents.
- BA/BS or equivalent preferred; Paralegal Certificate preferred.
- 5+ years' paralegal or attorney experience in a corporate/commercial department of a law firm or in-house environment.
- Excellent working across teams and functions and cross-culturally.
- Experience with a variety of software tools, solutions including contracts administration, board portals, stock administration.
- Passion for helping people and building a great company through high value legal services.
- Ability to effectively analyze and communicate legal issues and information across broad functional and organizational lines.
- Ability to maintain high quality performance with varied deadlines and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail. High acumen for math and financial matters. Strong organizational, analytical, proofreading, editing and research skills.
- Proficient with Google office tools such as Google Docs, as well as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience with Dropbox, Carta and online data rooms.
- Working knowledge of stock administration and tools, vendors such as transfer agents and brokers, basic corporate and commercial legal principles, including experience with cap table and equity matters.
- Ability to review, summarize and organize a variety of agreements, offline and online in/through a tool.
- Enjoys working autonomously and proactively on multiple projects; enjoys seeing around corners in support of teams.
Poshmark is the leading social commerce platform for the next generation of retailers and shoppers. Through technology, our mission is to build the world's most connected shopping experience, while empowering people to build thriving retail businesses. Since launching in 2011, Poshmark has become the largest and most vibrant social shopping community with five million Seller Stylists helping 40 million shoppers discover items they love from over 75 million listings. The company is backed by the world's leading investment firms and venture capital institutions including Mayfield, Menlo Ventures, GGV Capital, Temasek, Inventus Capital, Uncork Capital, Union Grove Venture Partners, Shea Ventures and AngelList.
Poshmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Here's what we'll set you up with:
- A team that is invested in your career growth and training
- Competitive salary and equity, based on experience
- Company sponsors up to 100% cost for your health, dental and vision plans and up to 90% for your dependents
- Smartphone reimbursement
- Work alongside world-class talent
- Flexible vacation / paid time off policy
- Parental leave
- Healthy and exciting catered lunches, snacks and beverages offered daily
- Personal style encouraged (or not, whatever you're in to)
- Fun company happy hours, parties, and offsite events