The VP, Global Project Management Office & Operations will be responsible for leading the Project Management Office and the Operations team in a SaaS and on premise software consulting business. The focus for this position is to drive organizational effectiveness, transparency, and accountability and equally serves as a key liaison with Consulting leaders and their practices. This position facilitates planning, prioritization, collaboration and reporting between groups and successful project delivery. This individual demonstrates a thorough understanding of project management methodologies, as well as the ability to execute and interact with customers, business partners and cross-functional teams to ensure project objectives are achieved and business operations are continually improving to enable the business to scale.
The Global PMO is responsible for developing the strategy and driving the consistent execution of Deltek Global Consulting (DGC) projects for SMB and Enterprise clients across the entire software product portfolio. This coordination includes managing all aspects of implementing the software and partnering with the practice leaders and their teams to ensure each product implementation has consistency across scope definition, manage work product and plan management, and ensuring projects are delivered within the defined scope, quality, time and cost requirements.
The Operations team is responsible for managing the business operations for Deltek Global Consulting (DGC) including Business Support, Back-office Operations, System Administration, and Internal System and Process Improvements. This includes supporting the Practice Leaders with forecasting, metrics, operational reporting, timesheet compliance monitoring, and general overall support for their practices. They are also responsible for all business processes and global systems deployed for DGC and establishing best practices and consistent processes, systems, and metrics across all regions and products.
Duties and Responsibilities
This role is responsible for providing support to the SVP of Global Consulting with running the consulting business. These responsibilities include running leadership level internal initiatives, monitoring and leaning into the practices based on key business metrics.
- Leading the Annual Planning Process, Compensation Planning, and all organization changes
- Manage change management efforts across the organization
- Leaning in during Monthly and Quarterly Business Reviews
- Monitoring and reporting on internal projects to keep stakeholders informed of the progress.
This role will work closely with the Practice PMO Leaders in a matrixed model. They will be responsible for driving consistency in processes and execution across the different practices.
- Continue to enhance and improve PMO processes, methodology, portfolio governance, and tools to support Enterprise projects and high volume small services projects.
- Ensure adherence across all Practices of PM best practice, PMO processes, and methodologies.
- Manage Deltek Global Consulting’s project portfolio
The Global Operations team consisting of onshore and offshore resources that will report into this role.
- Continuing to enhance and improve systems and processes to support business needs, drive efficiencies, and enable our ability to scale.
- Providing overall business support to the Practice Leaders including Forecasting, Data Analysis, and Reporting
- Partnering with Back-Office organizations (Sales, Legal, IT, HR, and Finance) to resolve issues, drive improvements, and prioritize enhancements
- Continuing to advance BI Platform including setting standards for capturing meaningful data, defining global metrics, and driving the use of data to help drive the business.
Travel is required up to 30%, possibly more at peak times.
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in computer science, business, IT, finance, or accounting; MBA preferred.
Proven track record of building and running a successful PMO
Excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills.
Proven leadership and interpersonal skills.
Strong communication and relationship building skills at senior levels, with the ability to interpret and summarize data to help management achieve strategic and operational goals.
Experience leading cross-disciplinary, cross-functional projects to drive business process change affecting multiple business units.
Strong analytical and decision-making abilities.
10+ year’s direct / indirect management experience within Software Consulting, project management and/or consulting industry experience.
High degree of organization and ability to manage multiple, competing projects and priorities simultaneously
5+ years’ experience with project management in a matrixed environment
5+ years’ experience working for a consulting organization
Proven experience of managing projects, budgets and justifying resource needs to senior leaders and finance partners