When you work for AmeriGas, you become a part of
something BIG! Founded in 1959, AmeriGas is the nation’s
premiere propane company, serving over 2 million
residential, commercial, industrial and motor fuel
propane customers. Together, our 9,000 dedicated
professionals will deliver 1.5 billion gallons of
propane from 1,400 distribution points across the United
States. For more information visit our website at
At AmeriGas our employees are the keys to our success
and we are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits
package. We offer excellent health benefits, 401(K) with
company match, annual performance review, paid time off
including company holidays, propane discount, career
advancement, tuition reimbursement and much more.
Job Summary (Purpose):
Coordinate personal property taxes with outside
consultant, manage real property tax payment, prepare
monthly sales and use tax returns, assist with
preparation of local income tax returns and resolve
other tax issues for AmeriGas. Position will assist
Supervisor with tax controversy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate preparation of personal property tax
returns with outside consultant
- Manage processing and payment of personal property
- Manage processing and payment of real estate tax
- Prepare dockets for check payment and EFT payments.
- Prepare journal entries for recording EFT payments.
- Data entry into personal property and real property
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Assist Supervisor with tax controversy
- Ability to communicate both orally and written with
governmental agencies, as well as, with our internal
Education and Experience Required:
- Basic understanding of Accounting
- Strong analytical skills
- Microsoft Office: Word, Access, Excel experience.
- Self motivation and organized time management
- Associates degree in Accounting or Business.
- Previous work experience demonstrating understanding
of business taxes.
- Some experience in preparing sales & tax returns
preferably with a large corporation.
- Some experience in tax controversy.
AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. Candidates must be
able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal
background check. AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity