Do you aim high? Are you genuinely helpful? Are you looking for a place where you can make a difference, receive ongoing support and training, and build a rewarding, long-lasting career? Then you may be a good fit for FirstService Residential, North America's foremost property management firm. We're all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we're looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what's right, improving residents' quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, we think you should get to know us.
Turn on your Island Charm...
Latitude Margaritavile Hilton Head is currently looking for a part time Fitness Center Attendant.
The Latitude Margaritaville Fins Up Fitness Attendant performs a multitude of job duties. Primary responsibilities include providing resident service. Resident service duties include greeting guests, providing assistance with center equipment, fitness class registration, set up of fitness classes, making massage appointments and enforcing fitness center rules. Additional administrative duties assisting the community association manager may be required.
This is a high profile position for an individual who is technology-savvy and routinely exercises good judgment and exceptional problem-solving skills. The Fitness Center Assistant is accountable to the Community Association Manager and the General Manager and is expected to support an exceptional Lifestyle program. The Fitness Attendant makes sure the Fins Up Fitness Center is in compliance with FirstService Residential standards and practices and authentically delivering the Latitude Margaritaville Lifestyle.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Possess strong interpersonal skills and is able to interact and communicate successfully to the residents and team.
Daily Operations and Customer Experience:
- Keep current with industry concepts, practices, and procedures that fully align with the Latitude Margaritaville Brand.
- Assist Lifestyle Manager with community events and activities both fitness and not fitness related.
- Exercise a positive attitude and remain professional under all circumstances.
Assist the fitness center team:
- Maintain the fitness class schedules on the community website and via Fitness on Demand programming.
- Wipe down fitness center machines and remove towels, trash, and debris from fitness center area.
- Conduct inventory of supplies, materials, and equipment and inform supervisor of low supply items.
- Provide information to residents about upcoming events and activities.
- Promote a fun and relaxing atmosphere for residents and their guests.
- Promote the rules and regulations of the facility intended for the safety and welfare of all.
- Provide assistance to injured guests until the arrival of emergency medical services.
- Promote the rules and regulations of the fitness center and other community amenities.
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
- Maintains a high level of energy and passion throughout service hours.
(Coastal Carolina Health, Massage Therapists, Personal Trainers & Fitness instructors with appointments.
Maintaining a clean and organized fitness center.
Create an "I Love My Job" environment that further enlivens the Margaritaville Latitude Lifestyle.
High school graduate.
Fitness Degree or certifications preferred.
1-3 years' experience in a fitness center environment.
Community Association, Hotel, Country Club, or Resort experience preferred.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Strong leadership skills, able to develop a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Windows software, online ordering platforms, and inventory controls.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends.
- Ability to follow instructions and carry them out in the absence of Lifestyle Manager.
- Communication skills (listening, verbal and written).
- Organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Problem solving skills, ability to use common sense.
- Team player but can work independently.
- Have fun!!! FINS UP!
Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/acts on quality problems.
Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles change, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure, and meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere.
Promotes mutual respect, keeps workplace clean and safe, supports safety programs.
Understands duties and responsibilities, has necessary job knowledge, has necessary technical skills, understands company mission/values, keeps job knowledge current, is in command of critical issues.
Handles customer questions and complaints, communicates with customers, handles service problems politely and efficiently, always available for customers, follows procedure to solve customer problems, understands company products and services, maintains pleasant and professional image.
Tackles problems and takes independent action, seeks out new responsibilities, acts on opportunities, generates new ideas, practices self-development.
Vision and Values
Supports values in daily actions and decisions, communicates vision and values to others, generates enthusiasm, incorporates vision when planning.
Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
This is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign schedules, duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.