- Microsoft Office
Position Summary: The Accounting Assistant is primarily responsible for processing accounts payable and accounts receivable related information along with providing administrative assistance to the Controller.
Qualifications/Requirements: Must be able to interact in a gracious manner with vendors, clients and staff and complete multiple tasks concurrently with speed and accuracy. Must be able to work well under pressure and maintain a professional demeanor at all times. A minimum of 3 -5 years of Bookkeeping experience is required along with a general knowledge of bookkeeping and/or accounting methods and procedures. An Associates or Bachelors degree in a related field helpful but not required. Knowledge of and experience with PC based software tools including MS Office Suite and QuickBooks required. A thorough understanding of PMI’s accounting system and chart of accounts is required.
- Maintains all vendor files including open invoices (vouchered and unvouchered, matched and unmatched), paid invoices, open purchase orders, vendors statements, tax exemption certificates, vendor credit applications among others.
- Processes vendor invoices by matching to approved PMI purchase orders and determines clerical accuracy.
- Vouchers vendor invoices, enters general ledger account distribution for Supervisor approval and inputs vouchers into QuickBooks.
- Distributes vouchered invoices to appropriate personnel for approval.
- Processes vendor payments as approved by Supervisor including printing computerized checks, matching to supporting approved vendor invoice and purchase orders, having checks signed by appropriate Senior Management and mailing checks.
- Completes vendor credit applications as requested by Supervisor.
- Maintains vendor tax exemption certificate and vendor credit application files.
- Maintains fixed asset register.
- Maintains all client job jackets and related billing detail.
- Posts all work order and non-work order related charges to job billing detail.
- Evaluates charges posted to billing detail for appropriateness and completeness including adjustment to quotation or SOW where applicable.
- Generates draft invoice for Supervisor and/or Producer/Production Manager approval.
- Generates and disseminates final invoices to clients per guidelines (i.e., mail or email).
- Prints and disseminates past due invoices and client statements.
- Communicates with clients for follow up on collections on certain accounts.
- Maintains client tax exemption certificate file.
- Maintains inventory of office supplies and places restocking orders.
- Applies client remittances to accounts receivable in QuickBooks.
- Maintains general petty cash fund including cashing petty cash checks as required and monthly reconciliation.
- Performs special projects as assigned by Supervisor.
Performs photocopying and distribution of interoffice mail as requested by management.
This job description is a general description of the duties and responsibilities of this position and is not to be interpreted as a complete list of the duties and requirements for the Accounting Assistant position.
Job Type: Full-time