- ACLS Certification
- BLS Certification
Registered Nurse II - Neuro ICU (Part Time) 700a - (428159)
Experience and Education
Graduate of an accredited Nursing program. Must be able to read, write and communicate in English. Current Texas (or BNE Compact State) license, BSN preferred. BLS, ACLS and NIHSS required
1. Performs and accurately documents physical, psychosocial, and emotional assessments. All assessments take into consideration age specific criteria (children, adolescents, adults and older adults).
2. Actively anticipates patients and/or patients family needs and expectations and utilizes these in conjunction with the assessment to develop an appropriate plan of care for the patient. Utilizes critical thinking skills in planning and prioritizing nursing care. Maintains and utilizes competencies per unit expectation.
3. Identifies and implements appropriate nursing interventions based on the completed assessment. Completes accurate and timely documentation of these interventions. Active coordinator of the interdisciplinary plan of care. Confers with all members of the health care team in a collaborative fashion. Shares information and observations of the patient and/or patients family in a manner that advocates for optimal patient care.
4. Appropriately prioritizes nursing interventions based upon completed assessment. Promptly identifies changes in condition as evidenced by nursing assessment, labs, x-rays, etc. Reports changes, takes follow-up action as appropriate. Actively involves patient in plan of care and keeps patient, family and/or care-giver informed.
5. Evaluates implemented interventions and modifies care according to the evaluation. Documents interventions and modifications to the plan of care in an accurate and timely manner.
6. Adheres to appropriate hospital and/or Department of Nursing policies, procedures, clinical pathways and nationally accepted standards of nursing practice. Incorporates ANA standards, into the provision of safe, quality patient care, utilizing current literature, and research. Practices in accordance with our Professional Practice Model Relationship Based Care and delivers care using our Care Delivery System PACE - Patient Focused, Accountable, Coordinated and Continuous and Evidence Based.
7. Provides appropriate and timely answers and/or education to patients, patients families, significant others and/or caregivers. Completes accurate and timely documentation of all education provided including discharge plan of care. Assesses competence, obtains feedback/evaluation of understanding from patient, family, significant others and/or /caregivers. Demonstrates effective communication based on individual patient needs and learning preferences.
8. Welcomes and orients patient, family, significant other and/or caregiver to the unit. Encourages patient/family participation in care. Reviews personalized patient plan of care with patient/family every shift. Updates white boards accordingly and sets daily goals with patient input. Explains special diets, tests, procedures and medications in easily understood and appropriate language. Makes hourly rounds on patients and communicates when they will return.
9. Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions: a) Directly interacting with or caring for patients; b) Directly interacting with or caring for human-subjects research participants; c) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting patient records (including patient financial records); or d) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records.
**Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Primary Location: Texas-Dallas-5323 Harry Hines Blvd
Work Locations: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd 5323 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas 75390
Organization: 846400 - Neuroscience ICU
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Standard
Job Posting: Nov 11, 2019, 1:55:01 PM