Shelter Associate - Samaritan House
Samaritan House Homeless Shelter – The Samaritan House serves Denver’s single men, women and families.
Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Denver has been serving northern Colorado since 1927. We serve tens of thousands of people each year in seven ministries: Marisol Services (for women), Early Childhood Education, Shelter Services, Archdiocesan Housing, St. Raphael Counseling, Family, Kinship, and Senior Services; and Parish & Community Services.
Our employees are crucial to our success in achieving our Mission of extending the healing ministry of Jesus Christ to the poor and those in need. Catholic Charities provides a work environment where self-motivated and mission driven individuals are recognized and rewarded. We accomplish this through:
- Employer sponsored training
- Culture of Trauma-Informed Care
- Generous compensation and benefits package.
Catholic Charities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to welcoming applicants and program participants of all faiths; as well as an inclusive and welcoming environment for staff, volunteers, and program participants. Candidates who bring diversity to our team are encouraged to apply.
*PURPOSE OF POSITION:*
A Shelter Associate at Catholic Charities:
- Shelter Associates provide mission-driven service, guiding residents through everyday tasks, conflict, and offering meaningful interaction.
- This Shelter Associate position is within Family Services, to work directly with families with children experiencing homelessness.
- Follows procedures and guidelines set forth in operating guidelines manual(s) to help maintain structure and order in the living environment.
- Accurately and promptly completes all required documentation/data, including entering relevant resident information in daily logs before ending shift assignment.
- Responds appropriately to needs and crisis situations, such as mediating basic interpersonal problems between residents and summoning emergency personnel
- Completes necessary records and reports, including on the computer or manually, as directed.
- Provides daily upkeep on cleaning assignments to be completed by residents, including assigning tasks, monitoring completion, documenting records, and communicating with residents.
- Distributes and inventories supplies.
- Provides appropriate information and referrals.
- May conduct intakes and support in orientation of new residents.
- Provide additional support to case managers with follow-up communication with residents.
- Some College or technical school; and six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Associates or BA/BS preferred.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Basic computer skills to enter data, create communications and generate reports
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Salary: Starting at $18/hr with increases commensurate to education and experience.$1/hr bilingual differential or overnight.
*Schedule:* The Samaritan House is open 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. Day, Overnight and Evening available.
*Training:* We provide a robust training curriculum that will support our employees throughout their career. Training provided within the first year of employment includes: De-escalation & Safety; Mental Health First Aid; Substance Abuse & Mental Health; Trauma Informed Care; and many more.
*Benefits: *In addition to being part of a higher purpose while working in a challenging yet rewarding environment, eligible Catholic Charities employees receive a generous benefits package, including:
*Extensive Paid Time Off including 9 Paid Holidays annually (4 weeks accrual for new employees - increasing yearly) promoting work life balance.*
- 403b Retirement Plan with Agency contribution of 4% & match up to 2% of annual compensation.
- Choice of 3 PPO Medical Plans (90% of employee's and 75% of dependent’s premiums is paid by Agency), Dental, & Vision starting the 1st day of the month following start date.
- May be eligible for Public Service Loan Forgiveness through Federal Student Loans and many more benefits.
**Part-time employees (20-29 hours per week) also receive paid annual leave, company paid holidays, and 403b retirement plan with agency contribution and match.*
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?* If you are ready to make answer the call and make a difference, please submit your application online at ccdenver.org/careers. We look forward to meeting you!*
- We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.*
- We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.*
- Location: 2301 Lawrence Street, Denver, CO 80205*
Location: 2301 Lawrence Street, Denver, CO 80205
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $19.00 per hour