Seeking a personable, high energy Host/Hostess with great customer service skills, people skills, professionalism and the ability to multitask. OpenTable experience required.
Availability must include nights and weekends.
- Greet incoming and departing Guests warmly with a genuine smile and eye contact; escort them to assigned dining area; present menus; announce waiter's name
- Use visual cues to seat Guests in either the bar or dining area depending on their preference
- Inform Guest of current promotions and who will be serving them to ensure a smooth handoff to the service staff
- Answer incoming calls to the restaurant and provide appropriate service
- Manage the flow of Guests into the Dining and Bar areas, provide accurate wait times to incoming Guests if appropriate
- Tend to special Guest needs and requests
- Observant to Guests' needs throughout dining experience to ensure they receive high quality service (i.e. notice a drink refill is needed while seating another Guest and ensuring the drink is refilled prior to getting back to the door).
- Protect establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation, safety and alcohol control policies
- Help dining room staff by setting and clearing tables; replenishing water; serving beverages
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Experienced in the reservation-based platforms-OpenTable
- Must be able to read menus
- Must be able to articulate clear greetings and farewells to Guests, as well as being able to understand requests for assistance
- Must be able to clearly communicate Guests' needs to w/Servers, Bussers, Managers, etc.
- Must be able to hear well in a loud environment in order to answer telephone and respond to Guest requests
- Must be able to walk and stand during entire shift
- Must be able to reach, bend, stoop and wipe
- Must be able to articulate clear greetings and farewells to Guests
- Must be able to understand requests for assistance
- Must be able to carry trays or supplies (10-30 lbs.)
- A desire to help out where needed and work as part of a team
- Passion for providing extraordinary service
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- An appetite for learning (and great food)
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts
- 6 months experience in a full-service restaurant preferred
- Must be upbeat, outgoing and positive
- Must be able to assist Guests and possess great Guest relations skills
- Ability to work positively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to stand/walk and stay focused and alert for extended periods of time
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Ability to effectively communicate on the telephone.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour
- hosting: 1 year (Preferred)