The Best Western Milwaukee West is looking for energetic, friendly smiling faces to join our team as a Guest Service Agent! Our Guest Service Agents are the face of the hotel and have the ever most important task of ensuring the highest level of guest’s satisfaction as possible. While previous hotel front desk experience is preferred we are more concerned with your attitude and personality. This is full time position working two-night audit (10pm-6am) shifts per week and the other three shifts being a variation of first (6am-2pm) or second (2pm-10pm) shifts.
Guest Service Agent
Represents the hotel to the guest throughout all stages of the guest’s stay by working with all hotel personnel to ensure every guest experiences superior customer care. Responsibilities include registering guests, assigning rooms, accommodating special requests, and ensuring the guests have a pleasant stay and smooth checkout. **
- Maintains an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments.
- Possesses a working knowledge of the reservations department. Takes same day reservations and future reservations when necessary. Knows cancellation procedures.
- Knows room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates.
- Registers arriving guests and assigns rooms.
- Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department by notifying housekeeping of all check-outs, late check-outs, early check-ins, special requests, and part-day rooms.
- Coordinates guest room maintenance work with the engineering and maintenance division.
- Uses persuasive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
- Knows daily activities and meetings taking place in the hotel.
- Reports any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager or assistant manager.
- Manages and resolves all guest complaints in a professional and courteous manner.
- Processes guest check-outs and handles monetary transactions.
- Maintains customers’ privacy.
- Maintains a high level of professional appearance and demeanor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous hotel-related experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate with public, hotel staff, and management in a professional manner.
- Knowledge of surrounding areas and local events.
- Ability to understand and adhere to proper credit, check cashing, and cash handling policies and procedures.
- Able to properly secure guest information.
- Ability to learn safety, emergency, and accident prevention policies and procedures.
- Skilled in the use of front office equipment.
- Knowledge of proper telephone etiquette.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $10.00 to $12.00 /hour
- Hotel Front Desk: 5 years (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 5 years (Preferred)