Job Medical Assistant/Patient Care Technician
Primary Location TN-Nashville-2525 West End Ave
Organization HR TempForce 108252
Temp Force Medical Assistant
VUMC Temp Force has full time, temp to hire opportunities for a certified medical assistant at the following walk-in clinics: Nolensville, Bellevue, and Franklin.The Medical Assistant supports the licensed healthcare team in performing office examinations and procedures by organizing and managing clinic patient flow, gathering and documenting patient screening data, assist with patient and family education and communication with patient's health care team.
Vanderbilt Temp Force is operated by Human Resources at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. It was created to connect temporary talent to all areas of VUMC. Temp Force places diverse and skilled personnel to departments across the Medical Center. Working as a temporary employee lets you showcase your talents, education, and skills while exploring the various jobs Vanderbilt offers and potentially find permanent employment.
Vanderbilt Walk-in clinics provide high quality health care services in a location convenient for many. Board-certified Vanderbilt physicians or nurse practitioners are always on site, and no appointments are necessary. We offer advanced services such as EKG, lab and X-rays, with immediate results. The Vanderbilt Walk-In Clinic saves patients’ time and possibly a trip to the Emergency Room. The clinics take care of common illnesses and minor injuries, including allergies, infections, sore throats, and stomach bugs. Screening, testing and preventative services available include breathing treatments, drug screenings, EKGs, lab testing, pregnancy testing, TB skin testing, vaccinations, and X-rays. Physicals needed for adoptions, camps, or sports, the Department of Transportation and pre-employment are also offered.
M-F is 7:30a-7:30p and Saturday and Sunday is 8-5.
Our staff work an alternating schedule that looks like this:
M, T, F, S, S
Length of assignment:
Ongoing; Possible temp to hire
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded, and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
Additional Key Elements/ Responsibilities:
- US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children’s Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
- Healthcare’s Most Wired: Among the nation’s 100 “most-wired” hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
- Becker’s Hospital Review: named as one of the “100 Great Hospitals in America”, in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
- The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children’s hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
- American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
- Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
- National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
- Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Directs and supports patient flow as well as unit operations by maintaining supplies, equipment and unit environmental standards.
Facilitates identification of resources to meet patient healthcare needs.
Performs/assists with procedures according to organizational/departmental standards.
Collects and documents patient screening data for the healthcare team.
Assists with patient and family education.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
High School Diploma or GED (or equivalent experience) and < 1 year relevant industry
Must be certified or registered through the following certifying entities to be eligible for employment at VUMC:
American Medical Technologist (AMT)- Registered Medical Assistant
American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)- Certified Medical Assistant
National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)- National Certified Medical Assistant
National Healthcareer Association (NHA)- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant
National Association for Health Professionals (NAHP)- Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant
Self-starter with the ability to work independently
Ability to work in fast paced environment