- ASME Codes & Standards
- Design Experience
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
Since creating the very first air shaft, Tidland Corporation - a Maxcess International Company - has been committed to providing our customers with the best products and service. We manufacture components and systems for converting industries, offering the broadest range of equipment for slitting and winding paper, plastic film, metal foils and non-woven materials.
We are seeking an experienced CAD Designer who will thrive in a fast paced, production engineering environment. Candidates should have a mix of educational and/or experiential background designing parts for machining, welding, mechanical assembly and other common processes.
Job Responsibilities will include:
- Review of sales documentation in order to prepare drawings using CAD to fulfill customer expectations.
- Stress, deflection, critical speed and other basic design calculations.
- Develop detailed manufacturing packages (including BOM, 3D CAD Models, detailed part drawings and detailed assembly drawings) for effective communication with manufacturing.
- Collaboration with Sales and/or customers to confirm/revise requirements
- Collaboration with Manufacturing to resolve production issues
- Collaboration with R&D and Senior Engineers to advance new product designs
- Takes a personal lead in completing daily tasks
- Ensure timely output of drawings for customer approval as well as out to manufacturing
Job Qualifications/Experience & Technical Skills:
- Demonstrates Proficiency beyond basic CAD operations such as 3-D modeling of components & assemblies using Auto Desk Inventor to develop designs with some oversight from more senior engineers and designers.
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Effective communication skills verbal/written
- ASME print reading and GD&T fundamentals
- General understanding of material properties, uses, machinability & finishes a plus
- Associate’s Degree in drafting technology a plus
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant mechanical or design experience - required
- Aggressive self-starter/self-motivated
- Flexible and willing to help others as needs and tasks change
- Quality oriented “Do it right the first time”
- Enjoys fast pace and rapidly changing environment
Maxcess offers competitive pay and benefits including; Bonus plans, Wellness Program, Health, Dental and Vision, Paid Vacation, Holidays and Sick leave, Disability, Life and AD&D, 401(k) with Matching Contributions, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts and Tuition Reimbursement.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment background/criminal check, physical and drug screen.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
No phone calls or 3rd party recruiters.
Job Type: Full-time