We are architects, landscape architects, planners, and interior architects working on a variety of different project types. These include community spaces, industrial, local, and federal government projects throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. There is no repetitive work. Some of our unique project types include museums, historic preservation, schools, airports, and industrial projects like pumping stations and high voltage electrical generation. We have been awarded unique opportunities that include the Governor's State Emergency Operations Center, the largest WSSC project to date for the BioEnergy Plant in Piscataway. and other high profile projects. This position is not for interior design.
We are a small office with a relaxed atmosphere where we work as a team. The firm was founded over 17 years ago. Experienced leaders that want you to be successful right from the start.
We are looking for a talented designer/leader with a bachelor's degree or higher and 5-10 experience in ARCHITECTURAL project management and construction documents for commercial projects with construction valued up to $15 mil or more. The successful candidate will have leadership skills both with the staff and outside consultants in commercial projects. Licensure in the state of Maryland is preferred but not required.
The candidate must have working experienced in Revit and Autocad including detailing, specifications, and construction documents. Skills should include the ability to communicate in English both written and verbal with staff, consultants, and clients. Communication experience in report writing, letters, and emails are essential. The candidate must understand how to create a full set of construction documents and the roles that engineering consultants play in the document preparation.
Assignments will include office work and fieldwork. A substantial part of our work is renovations, with that, existing building documentation experience is required. We do not offer relocation assistance. To find out more contact us.
The position reports to directly to Senior Manager or Principal
Job Purpose Summary
- To manage production-related activities and direct Design staff.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Manage projects ($2mil or more construction budget)
- Production of drawings
- Research of materials and methods
- Attend and record meetings
- Prepare and write reports
- Prepare research-based reports and analysis for projects
- Respond to consultants
- Respond to client
- Respond to reviewers
- Review of shop drawings and sample/data submissions
- Attend site visits and record visit
- Write specifications and assist with more complicated specification writing and research
- Self-development and continuing personal development
- Software proficiency in order of importance
- Revit (New employees as of January 2014)
- MS Word
- Power Point
- Sketch up
- Physical Requirements
- Ability to get to and from jobsites, clients’ offices and other off-site work-related appointments independently
- The ability to lift, carry and walk with 15 lbs of equipment for a distance of 200 ft.
- The ability to walk on uneven terrain and in poor weather conditions
- The ability to walk on low slope roofs
Ability to walk on paved and unpaved surfaces up to 1 mile
- Ability to at minimum climb 3 flights steps
- Transportation to and from job sites
- Ability to field measure both vertical and horizontal construction
- Ability to wear safety equipment
- Ability to climb a ladder one story
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Professional Development Assistance
- Architectural Design Project Management: 5 years (Required)
- Windsor Mill, MD 21244 (Required)
- Willing to take a test in autocad and revit.
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19