Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
The work location for this exciting opportunity is flexible, and the selected candidate can be located anywhere in the United States. There will be occasional travel throughout the year to team meetings.
Dev Ops Specialist needed. The Salesforce Junior Release Manager works within the Salesforce Center of Excellence team and is responsible for ensuring the security and stability of Salesforce production environments. The Junior Release Manager partners with developers to ensure accuracy in the process for testing and deploying updates to the Salesforce platform. S/he is expected to follow industry best practices for implementing and managing release processes for configuration and code through all environments.
- Plan and execute scheduled releases for multiple salesforce orgs using the Flosum ALM tool.
- Ensure proper tracking of released components in version control.
- Assume ownership and continuous improvement of the release process by documenting release issues and developing plans to improve process or automation.
- Prepare release notes and communicate release progress/status to COE and Stakeholders.
- Work closely with development staff to resolve build problems/merge conflicts.
- Responsible for maintaining consistency between Salesforce sandbox environments, from Development through QA, UAT and Production.
- Manage deployments between sandbox environments using the Flosum tool.
- Ensure development sandboxes are functional and ready for use after deployments or Salesforce releases.
- Data-loading/seeding of sandbox environments to provide functional environments for development and testing.
- Evaluate and mitigate all risks to environment security and stability.
- Support the development operations structure and audit needs of the COE team.
- Keep informed of new technologies and/or methodologies through publications, membership in professional organizations and contact with other IT organizations and institutions.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- B.A. in Computer Science, Computer Programming or equivalent experience is required.
- Desire to learn and grow in a Salesforce career is required. Candidate will be required to achieve Salesforce certification(s).
- Completion of Salesforce Administrator and/or Developer training (Trailheads) is required.
- Understanding of computer programming languages such as Java, .Net, Ruby, PHP or Python is required.
- 2+ years of experience in a DevOps role is desired.
- Experience managing multiple sandbox environments including refreshes is desired.
- Understanding of Apex and Visual Force is a plus. Experience using Flosum, Copado, or another Salesforce ALM tool is a plus.
- Salesforce Administrator Certification is a plus.
- Motivated self-starter with ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Creative thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated commitment to service and quality
- Ability to use Microsoft Office applications effectively
- Ability to maintain composure and quality in a dynamic environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The work environment will consist of moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones and printers, light traffic). The employee must have the ability to work in a small cubicle and have the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee's professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here:
Summary of Rights