Fuller Apartment Homes, Inc. is a tech-forward, excellence-driven developer and property manager looking for a Weekend Leasing Agent to join the property management team at our 312-unit apartment community in Bakersfield, CA. The duties of the Weekend Leasing Agent include providing support to Community Manager and Maintenance Staff, assisting in weekend office needs and managing general administrative activities relating to property management (see below for details). The ideal applicant will have at least 2 years of leasing agent experience, a strong work ethic, be detail-oriented, have excellent communication skills and will be sufficiently tech-savvy to easily and rapidly learn new tech-based systems. The schedule for this position is Saturdays and Sundays from 10 am - 6 pm. Occasional floating hours may also be available during the week.
**Because the Weekend Leasing Agent position involves regular access to information of a sensitive personal nature, we require both a credit check and background check as part of the application process. Please be advised that we will be using information from your credit and background check reports to help determine your eligibility for employment.
As a growing, team-oriented company, this position opens the door to lots of possibilities for growth!
Weekend Leasing Agent Job Description
The Weekend Leasing Agent is called upon assist the Community Manager in the following areas:
- Establishing and promoting a positive and friendly community environment.
- Being available to residents and assisting with their needs.
- Acting as a liaison for the Home Office.
- Assisting with administrative responsibilities.
- Interpreting and enforcing the Rental Agreement and Policies (Weekend Leasing Agent must follow established procedure and protocol as set forth in the Employee Handbook, FAH Staff Site, and training directives).
- Maintaining a clean, safe, and orderly community.
The primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assisting in advertising vacant apartments and securing residents for occupancy.
- Accepting and responding to all rental inquiries via phone, email, yelp, facebook and other social media accounts.
- Meeting potential residents, showing property, and assessing applications in accordance with anti-discrimination laws. Assuring that all vacant units are cleaned, maintained and rent-ready with the least amount of vacant time possible.
- Assisting in processing rental applications, holding deposit agreements, rental agreements, and any additional documents required to establish initial residency.
- Accepting and managing rent payments, security deposits and other property fees and making bank deposits of funds collected.
- Conducting a move-in inspection with new residents and completing inspection form for all parties to sign.
- Receiving and immediately handling all calls and enforcing all property rules and regulations that are required.
- Assisting in courteously investigating and resolving resident complaints and rental violations, such as noise complaints or security issues in real time, if possible, without risk of danger or harm. All issues are to be reported to the Home Office immediately.
- Assisting in preparing resident correspondence, notices, reminders, emails, and any additional documents required during the course of the residency as requested by Home Office.
- Creating work orders for all work which resident has called or emailed in.
- Assisting in scheduling all work to be performed with outside vendors or on-site maintenance staff.
- Tagging illegally parked, abandoned or derelict vehicles and arranging for towing during leasing office hours.
- Assisting in Hosting and Managing resident events and promotions.
- Assisting in Clubhouse Reservations and providing access.
- Processing Notices to Vacate upon receipt.
- Assisting in scheduling and completing Initial Pre-Move out Inspections with Residents (when requested after notice has been given), completing relevant form.
- Assisting in completing a final inspection after resident has vacated and completing the relevant form.
- Adhering to FAH Staff Site Rental Guidelines.
- Enforcing Rules and Regulations as specified in the Rental Agreement.
- Adhering to FAH Staff Site General Rental Guidelines.
- Submitting time cards of hours worked as specified by Home Office.
- Appearing for court actions as needed.
- Interfacing with local law enforcement as needed.
Apartment and Grounds Maintenance
- Performing daily inspection of the premises.
- Maintain Community Building.
- Assuring that all facets of the property are clean, safe and in sound working order.
- Keeping operating and replacement expenses within budgetary expectations each month.
- Adhere to Expense Policy and Procedure Agreement.
- Assisting in scheduling and overseeing all work performed by outside contractors and assuring that all work completed meets the highest standards of quality.
Weekend Leasing Agent to uphold the following company values:
- Strong Work Ethic
- Dependability and Responsibility
- Possessing a Positive Attitude
- Honesty and Integrity
- Openness to new ideas, new experiences and new ways of doing things
- Respectful attitude
- Willingness to ask for help when needed
- Eagerness to learn and grow
- Team player