We are searching for an experienced Prepress Technician at our Las Vegas. NV facility.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The experienced Prepress Technician will be responsible for multiple disciplines within the Prepress department. This position also interacts frequently with other departments as well as external clients, and must maintain and convey professionalism at all times.
- Extensive experience in the Kodak Prinergy Workflow.
- Extensive experience in Kodak Preps Imposition Software.
- Rules Based Automation within workflow.
- Color correction and management.
- Use of spectrophotometers and plate readers.
- Soft & Contract Proofing.
- Application level trapping in addition to workflow trapping for both Screen & Offset.
- Mac and Windows OS proficiencies.
- Maintain an organized work area.
- QC your own and other team members' work.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- 4 year degree in related field or equivalent of five years related experience in related field.
- Proficiency in the use of Macintosh and PC computers, as well as electronic publishing systems.
- Proficiency in the use of desktop publishing and graphic software, including but not limited to, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat and Quark. Requires the ability to manipulate or modify industry standard file formats such as PDF, EPS, TIFF and JPEG.
- EFI Fiery, Kodak Prinergy, ColorFlow and/or PREPS experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interpret oral and written instructions.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to pay attention to detail.
- Ability to understand and demonstrate depth perception, color separation and saturation.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision to meet deadlines.
Candidates will be given a skills assessment test on various areas listed in the Responsibilities section above.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, speak, hear and comprehend. The employee is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms on a daily basis. The employee must be able to lift up to 30 pounds occasionally. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus and distinguish colors from one another.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in an indoor setting, but may be exposed to variable temperature conditions indoor and outside (occasionally extreme heat or extreme cold). The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, and dust and/or mite hazards. The employee must be prepared to respond to emergencies should they occur. The noise level in the environment is usually moderate.