Responsible for cost review and management over specific elements of plant expenditure. Areas of responsibility include: inventories, plant overheads. Assist in preparation of plant budgets. Works closely on development and reporting of the department budgets. Responsible for accounting of inventories (i.e. coke, pitch, alumina), supporting the Accounting Manager. Also responsible for accounting of inter-company charges and completion of statistical surveys.
- Four-year college degree required, Master’s or CPA/CMA desirable.
- 4-6 years’ experience in finance role
- Strong analytical skills
- Must have effective planning and organizational skills and effective communication skills (verbal, written, and listening)
- Experience with SAP programming desirable.
- Strong human relations skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Support management in monthly reporting and analysis and compiling of annual budgets and cost control initiatives. Complete journal entries every month to ensure that spending is accurately accounted for.
- Putting in place accurate journal entries each month to record the purchases and use of raw materials.
- Verify accuracy of inventory records by auditing and analyzing data input, and by periodically observing physical inventories to ensure adherence to procedures and that validity of data.
- Assist in preparation of budgets and strategic plans working with management in the plant.
- Analyze monthly abnormalities in operating results against budget and historical trends and review with area management. Highlight current activity, emerging trends and make recommendations to improve business.
- Understand whether variances to budget are structural or simply timing related and use this relationship as a basis for forecasting performance over future quarters and the full year.
- Record all secondary material sales transactions and prepare customer invoices for such sales
Job Type: Full-time