The College of Business is seeking an Operations Manager. This is a full-time (1.00 FTE), 12-month, fixed term professional faculty position. Reappointment is at the discretion of the Dean. This position will be located in Portland, Oregon.
The Portland Operations Manager will be based in the new Portland hub of Oregon State University. This position will have the exciting opportunity to stand up operations in a brand new space, and oversee all of the associated logistics and details. This position manages the day-to-day operations and long-range planning of the OSU Portland facility, providing leadership to building staff and working closely with building partners as well as partners on the Corvallis campus. A high level of leadership and operational skill will be requisite to ensure successful operations at the OSU Portland facility. The position will report to the Dean of the College of Business.
50% Building and Program Operations – Oversee and execute operations of OSU Portland facility
- Project manager for operations and facilities planning for all spaces within the OSU Portland facility, including facilities maintenance, office planning and assignment, training on building systems, developing facility policies and procedures, and supply planning.
- Oversee move-in into the OSU Portland facility and stand up all relevant systems, policies and procedures.
- Work with all OSU stakeholders to ensure programmatic needs are met. Coordinate and communicate ongoing space utilization and needs with Portland Initiative Co-Administrators in order to plan for, prepare and manage appropriate work and program spaces for OSU Portland operations.
- Liaise with key Corvallis campus partners, to include Student Affairs, Academic Technology, University Relations and Marketing, ECampus and Information Services.
- Liaise with OSU Foundation and Beaver Sports Property as co-tenants.
- Provide coordination and management to support the IT/network functions of the facility, to include printer/copiers, room scheduling, electronic door locks, flat screen display content, network capability and telecom.
- Manage external contracts to support operations within the OSU Portland facility; provide contract information to OSU partners needing an external vendor.
- Manage the OSU Portland facility budget.
- Manage access to building and OSU spaces for OSU faculty/staff as well as OSU tenants and students.
- Manage room/facility scheduling for classes, meetings and events.
- Maintain signage within the facility; ensure signage conforms to OSU standards.
- Manage supplies, inventory and purchasing to support OSU Portland facility.
- Directly responsible for developing, training and overseeing staff to support the OSU Portland facility.
- Provide leadership and management to a team of 2-3 staff and 6-10 student employees, to include IT and reception/administrative staff. Estimate approximately 80 hours/week of student coverage to plan/schedule for.
- Plan, assign and approve work; reward/discipline; respond to grievances; hire and train; terminate employment as necessary.
- Develop performance goals and assess performance in written evaluations.
- Oversee training and development of student employment program with an eye toward professional development for post-graduation.
15% Facilities Management
- Develop relevant facility policies and procedures, including a working floorplan of OSU Portland facility for planning purposes.
- Work closely with building management as well as OSU tenants to ensure seamless daily operations to include building access, lighting/HVAC, security and custodial services.
- Work closely with building management to ensure proper upkeep of all systems within OSU Portland facility, including preventative maintenance where applicable.
- Develop working knowledge of all systems within OSU Portland facility and identify proper response channels in event of failure.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of contracted vendors in regards to facility operations, maintenance and construction.
- Develop and maintain emergency operations plan for OSU Portland facility in accordance with OSU’s emergency planning guidelines and ensure the facility is properly equipped with emergency equipment.
- Ensure compliance with University policies, state and federal laws and regulations, contractual agreements and industry standards.
5% Other Duties as Assigned
- Bachelor’s degree with three or more years of supervisory and management experience with budget responsibility in an organization with diverse elements,
OR two years of post-secondary education or training in a relevant field combined with six or more years of supervisory and management experience with budget responsibility.
Supervisory and management experience includes responsibility for providing operational excellence and delivering quality customer service.
- Experience coordinating with other support services (e.g., marketing, human resources, IT).
- Demonstrated success in implementing/improving processes and services.
- Ability to work in a team setting as a leader for a responsive and diverse set of professionals.
- Demonstrated project management experience with responsibility for meeting budget, schedule and scope parameters.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and resolve problems.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- High computer proficiency; an ability and willingness to learn new programs & applications quickly.
- Strong skills in MS Office applications and database applications.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and responsibilities, prioritize appropriately, pay careful attention to details, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain professional decorum and show a high level of diplomacy with all clients served.
Preferred (Special) Qualifications
- A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
- Experience standing up operations, including policy and procedure development, in a new facility or for a new venture.
- Human resource management experience.
- Event planning experience.
- Knowledge of scheduling systems and/or digital content management systems.
Working Conditions / Work Schedule
Typical office environment; anticipated schedule is 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday. Some evenings and weekend work may be required to support operations.
This position requires a clear and unambiguous commitment to compliance of all National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) regulations for Division I (FBS) universities. No
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number P02377UF
Number of Vacancies 1
Anticipated Appointment Begin Date 09/17/2018
Anticipated Appointment End Date
Posting Date 07/31/2018
Full Consideration Date 08/13/2018
Closing Date 08/20/2018
Indicate how you intend to recruit for this search Competitive / External - open to ALL qualified applicants
Special Instructions to Applicants
To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by August 13, 2018. Applications will continue to be accepted after the full consideration date until August 20, 2018.
When applying you will be required to attach the following electronic documents:
1) A resume/CV that includes the names of at least three professional references, their e-mail addresses and telephone contact numbers (upload as ‘Other Document’ if not included with your resume/vitae).
2) A cover letter indicating how your qualifications and experience have prepared you for this position.
For additional information please contact Noelle Cummings, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Starting salary within the salary range will be commensurate with skills, education, and experience.
OSU commits to inclusive excellence by advancing equity and diversity in all that we do. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
Offers of employment are contingent upon meeting all minimum qualifications.