As a Principal Threat Researcher, you will be responsible for research of vulnerabilities in software, firmware and devices, and modern exploits and techniques. You will develop proof-of-concept attacks, analysis of emerging threats and research of effective mitigation and security technologies.
Your work will involve researching evolving malware behavior and you will collaborate closely with our data scientists to come up with and evolve ML models to surface risk across a range of attack dimensions. Our models are continuously trained and enhanced as they ingest real-world data, and you will be part of the team that develops and executes the strategy for making this exercise most effective.
You will maintain and enhance Balbix’s (and your personal) knowledge of state-of-the-art security principles, theories, attacks. You may be asked to represent Balbix and present research results at conferences.
You may also be responsible for development and delivery of security training and classes
- Motivation and passion for cybersecurity, with an interest in “breaking things” to improve security
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or related discipline and a minimum of 5 years of experience as security researcher
- Experience in assessing software and network protocols for vulnerabilities. You must have a track record of vulnerability discovery, and experience with relevant tools (e.g. IDA Pro)
- Experience with static and dynamic code analysis, fuzzing and use of vulnerability tools, including network analysis tools
- Extensive understanding of Windows and Linux operating system fundamentals, including the kernel, drivers, memory management, threading
- You must be very familiar with modern defenses and security controls used in the corporate security practice, and their strengths and weaknesses.
- Interest in public speaking, technical writing and publications
This role represents a unique opportunity to join a hyper-growth company in a key role where you can make a big impact on the trajectory of the company and its products. The ideal candidate has a background in security and a minimum of 5 years of solid field experience with attack kill chains, malware behavior, and exploit lifecycle.
WHAT PROBLEM ARE WE SOLVING
Balbix’s predictive breach risk platform is the industry’s first system to leverage predictive analytics and Artificial Intelligence to provide enterprises with a comprehensive and continuous risk and resilience calculation visualized via a searchable and clickable heat map. We designed our platform for CIOs, CISOs and IT security teams who wish to proactively understand their breach risk and cyber-resilience. The Balbix system can predict critical breach scenarios, help users prioritize security operations and projects, and ultimately improve cyber-resilience.
Employee life at Balbix is collaborative and fast-paced. We encourage the willingness to experiment and learn, a can-do attitude, ownership, excellence and commitment. We offer an environment of growth & opportunity by providing guidance and candid feedback. We support each other at every step of the way. As employees, we consider ourselves as co-owners of the business as we take our mission seriously. We work hard, take great pride in our work, and have loads of fun along the way!
BENEFITS & PERKS, HAPPINESS
Our Employees' health and well-being are very important to us, and we truly believe that everyday choices that we make can help us live healthier and happier lives, both at work and at home. We offer rich health benefits and wellness plans which are designed to enhance the overall quality of life of our team members and their loved ones.
We hang out together and enjoy playing pool, beer bashes, celebrating our personal & professional milestones, team lunches together multiple times a week are just part of our life in Balbix.
To learn more about our company you can visit our careers page at: