Design Operations Studio Assistant / Intern
at Abby Sparks Jewelry
About Abby Sparks
Abby Sparks Jewelry is a custom fine jewelry design studio located in the RiNo neighborhood in Denver, Colorado. Every piece of jewelry we make is commissioned, one-of-a-kind, and never duplicated. We’re an extremely close-knit, hardworking, and passionate team looking for a driven Intern to join us from February-July 2019, with the possibility of staying on longer and becoming part of our team.
Our Ideal Team Member:
You’re a hard-working, high-energy creative who isn’t afraid to jump in, ask questions, and share your ideas with the team. You have some experience with assistant positions and organizational skills with a passion to further develop both. You are interested in jewelry, fashion and are excited to be part of an amazing team which creates high end and unique jewelry designs.
You must be able to work for six months from February-July 2019. As a critical part of the production and design team and ASJ business as a whole, you will have with same expectations as all full-time staff. This is not an errand-running, busy-work internship. Your work and hustle directly impact the business. We want individuals who are passionate about growing the company and driving results. In return, you will gain real world knowledge about the production and manufacturing processes in the jewelry industry.
- Work in a small business setting with a close-knit team and incredible team culture.
- Gain real world experience by helping to run a business operation, develop your management skills and taking initiative with creating a smooth production run.
- Weekly schedule is flexible to accommodate class or work schedules.
- Our beautiful design studio is located in the heart of RiNo Arts District and has a rooftop patio and view of the Mile High City.
- *Compensation: Academic Credit, invaluable experience, and yes - jewelry! This is an unpaid internship.*
What You’ll Do:
- Work in studio 15-20 hours per week
- Attend, contribute, and take minutes in weekly sales and production meeting
- You will work closely with the production and design team running the operations
- Helping with shipping, managing jewelers, sourcing stones and overview the jewelry production time lines
- Assist with administrative and office operations
- Provide excellent customer service and manage client expectations
- Team player who thrives in a team where work is a collaborative effort among many
- Willingness to take on responsibilities outside a defined job scope
- Experience and/or keen interest in gemstones and passion for fine jewelry
- Enthusiasm, commitment and ability to continually bring a fresh perspective to production
- Students going into 3rd or 4th year of their college education, recently graduated, working toward degree in media, marketing, communications, PR, graphic design, computer science, or similar creative field, or any qualified individual simply looking for more experience in an unpaid capacity
- Currently lives/resides in the Denver area. Interns must have reliable transportation
- Able to solve problems, both independently and on a team
- Must enjoy taking initiative, being a self-starter, and must have the ability to meet deadlines
- Able to plan and manage multiple projects in a constantly-changing, fast paced environment with high attention to detail
- Excellent organizational, analytical, interpersonal, and written/verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude, fresh ideas, and a willingness to learn
- Proficient with Mac platform
- Regular attendance and punctuality are essential functions of the job
A Total Bonus:
- An inherent eye for design and aesthetic
- A passion for style, fashion, or jewelry trends
- General jewelry design skills and/or passion
- Ability to research, identify, and forecast market and industry jewelry trends
- A hunger to learn about jewelry and the behind the scenes magic
Compensation: This internship is unpaid but may count for college credit with prior approval from your institution. Abby Sparks Jewelry must be made aware of any reporting requirements before the start of the internship.
To apply, please submit a resume, compelling cover letter, and examples of your best work. Applications missing a cover letter will not be considered.
Job Types: Part-Time,Internship
Experience: Design or/and Operations position 1 year (Preferred)
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
- Jewelry/Design Production: 1 year (Preferred)