Job Description Overview Milestone Solar Consultants is seeking applicants to install residential and commercial solar systems. In this position, the Junior Installer will provide support to the Crew Lead of the installation team, and senior installers as required, to install varied solar arrays/systems. It will be the responsibility of every employee to help ensure safe work practices for the entire installation team.
- Checking and confirming materials list for varied installation jobs
- Pre-assemble job components in the warehouse
- Layout and assembly of solar modules / array and varied mounting hardware
- Mechanical/structural mounting of racking, modules and electrical equipment
- Assist senior installers with electrical wiring of solar array/system (AC and DC)
- Document completion of completed tasks
- Clean-up of job site
- Additional duties required as needed
** Overnight travel may sometimes be required
- 1 year of roof work, general construction, electrical contractor or carpentry strongly preferred
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Ability to work in extreme environments to include hot sun, cold, crawl spaces, attics, etc.
- Familiarity with common hand and power tools used in the construction industry is desirable
- Must be willing and able to climb ladders, stairs, work on rooftops and able to work on your feet for long periods of time
- Basic computer skills including familiarity MS Windows and Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Regular, reliable and predictable attendance will be required
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
- Must have a valid state driver’s license and a clean driving record (example- no DUI or reckless driving in the last 5 years)
- May be required to successfully pass pre-employment and periodic criminal, driving and drug screens.
Please apply by submitting resume via email. No phone calls please.
Note: May lead to full time employment for the right person.
Milestone Solar Consultants is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Job Type: Part-time
- roofing, home construction or electrical: 1 year (Required)