An acute care nurse navigator (ACNN) is a professional registered nurse with strong inpatient acute care-specific clinical knowledge who ensures high quality management of USACS patients. The ACNN works with a multidisciplinary team focusing on USACS EM, HM and CCM physicians and APPs to coordinate and communicate the patients care plan with site hospital case management department. The ACNN aids patients, families, caregivers and the healthcare team to help overcome hospital system barriers. They focus on following all USACS and site clinical protocols and guidelines.
The ACNN will serve as a liaison for patients to report problems and provide assistance to providers in obtaining labs and other diagnostic tests, coordinating consultant follow up, monitoring results, assuring discharge follow up, education to patients on medications and disease management and communicating with patients as to appropriate actions to take, including appropriate follow up.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage at all levels of the organization; work with client executives and physician staff at remote locations is essential.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Visible, approachable, trustworthy, team oriented, credible, entrepreneurial spirit
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduated from an accredited school of Nursing
- Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred; RN licensure in good standing Preferred experience; 5 or more years inpatient nursing experience and 1-2 years’ experience in a nursing leadership role, case management, quality, transitional care, or post-acute services
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including strong presentation skills
- Client service oriented with the ability to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels
- Proficiency with technology, including electronic medical systems and Microsoft Office Strong organizational skills
- High level of customer service orientation including responsiveness and follow-through.
- Very strong oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with external and internal customers.
- Ability to build trust and positive relationships.
- Stays calm and focused on task while managing multiple tasks, projects, and/or assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to prioritize and think critically and make sound judgment calls.
- Ability to communicate and interact within different levels of the organization Use clinical protocols to refer patients to the appropriate specialist for diagnosis or treatment
- Help patients and their families in obtaining referrals to a specific specialist
- They are also directly involved with the development and enhancement processes with the aim to improve the clinical experience
- Communicate with referring physician’s offices as required by the patient and physician
- Work with marketing and outreach departments to educate referring physicians and facilities on services
- Excellent teaching skills, consultation skills and customer service skills are required
Job Type: Full-time
- nursing: 5 years (Preferred)
- nursing leadership or case management, quality, post-acute: 1 year (Preferred)
- Silver Spring, MD (Preferred)
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Required)