At a certain point, experience based system design can start to look like clairvoyance. When you’ve developed so many systems that you can not only orchestrate the best solution for any technology based challenge, but you can also anticipate and preempt future issues, you’re a solutions architect. You’ve evolved your skills into strategy through a long path of software development accomplishments and the curiosity to understand how all of the pieces of an IT ecosystem fit together. Are you ready to use your combination of knowledge, skill, and experience to tackle the toughest challenges for the US Air Force? As a solutions architect on our team, you'll translate your customer’s IT needs and future goals into a plan by crafting solution and technical architectures focused on data management and analytics. Through your leadership, we’ll help transform the way the Air Force uses technology, including migrating to the Cloud, integrating advanced technology, and modernizing legacy systems. What do you do next in a career where you’ve reached this level? You mentor the next set of developers to help them grow into tomorrow’s solutions architects. Join us and build the future of technology in the Air Force for the better.
Empower change with us.
Nice If You Have:
- 7+ years of experience in working with one or more enterprise data management solutions and technologies, including data warehousing, master data management, or data quality
- 2+ years of experience with planning and building data services in a commercial Cloud environment using Cloud native technologies and techniques
- Experience with cluster computing technologies, including Hadoop, Spark, Pig, Hive, Zeppelin, or NiFi
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BA or BS degree
- Experience with implementation in Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure and platform services, including S3, EC2, VPC, ELB, SNS, EMR, or Glue
- Experience with multiple data modeling concepts
- Experience with relational database management system (RDBMS) data stores, including Oracle, SQL Server, RedShift, Aurora, or Postgress
- Experience with data science concepts and techniques
- Experience with large-scale, distributed systems design and development, including scaling, performance, and scheduling
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language, including Python, Node, Ruby, or Bash
- Ability to learn technical concepts quickly and communicate with multiple functional groups
- Possession of excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Secret clearance preferred
- Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP), Certified Information Management Professional (CIMP), or Data Maturity Management (DMM) Certification
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Build Your Career:
A challenging and dynamic work environment isn’t all we have to offer. When you join Booz Allen, you’ll have access to:
experts in virtually every field
a culture that focuses on supporting our employees
opportunities that provide stability while offering variety
You’ll also be exposed to a wealth of training resources through our Digital University, an online learning portal featuring more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site bootcamps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.