Crunchbase is the best place to discover innovative companies, connect with the people behind them, and uncover new opportunities. Over 50 million professionals—including entrepreneurs, investors, market researchers, and salespeople—trust Crunchbase to inform their business decisions. We believe diverse thinking fosters the discovery of new solutions and surfaces old problems that need answers. We are democratizing access to opportunities so that people and companies with different perspectives can accelerate innovation for a better future. We are proud to build products that will shape how companies and people connect for the future.
Crunchbase is committed to a positive, diverse, and inclusive culture by hiring for potential, focused on the inclusion of people who have different ways of thinking, different viewpoints, different backgrounds, and different skill sets. We value a transparent and open culture that positively impacts our teams and our products.
Crunchbase has a remote-first approach, and is open to hiring in these locations:
Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York, Portland, San Francisco, and Seattle
About The Role*
We're looking for a Senior Product Manager to help lead our go-forward data strategy. The Crunchbase dataset includes hundreds of data points for companies, organizations, people and more. This key individual will be responsible for deciding what data, partnerships and integrations should be added, maintained or removed to ensure our users are getting the most out of our product and solving their most pressing needs. Unlike data product roles at other companies, with this role you will own the data that's core to the Crunchbase product, in addition to providing data to our internal teams to ensure we are building what's best for the user.
What You'll Do:
- Own and define the product vision, strategy and roadmap for Crunchbase’s data
- Expand and enrich the dataset by owning projects that help acquire and integrate data from various sources both internal and external
- Collaborate closely with Business Development and Data Management teams to monitor, expand and enrich our dataset
- Work with our Analytics team and meet with users to better understand data usage and use cases
- Advocate for the Crunchbase data vision and roadmap, and get alignment with executives and other scrum team
What We're Looking For:
- You have 4+ years of product management experience delivering data-powered products, platforms, or services
- You have experience working cross-functionally to bring multiple data products/partnerships to market, from inception to launch
- You have a good understanding of APIs, data pipelines and ETL architectures
- You bring strong road-mapping, sprint-planning, and project-management skills
- You have knowledge of data lakes and data warehouse, such as SnowFlake
- You are excellent at presenting and sharing ideas and collaborating cross-functionally
- You can independently develop and implement recommended approaches to complex / ambiguous problems while making thoughtful trade-offs
- You have strong data and analysis skills, plus knowledge in SQL and modern analytics and visualization platforms (Heap, Periscope, etc.)
At Crunchbase, we value team members who are passionate and enthusiastic about what we're building here. We believe there is no "perfect" candidate, and want to encourage applying even if all the requirements listed aren’t met. If you're passionate about Crunchbase and looking to learn and grow, then we look forward to reviewing your application!
Crunchbase values fostering growth and developing our craft by offering a generous Learning and Development reimbursement policy for all employees to use towards classes, events, conferences, and more. We look for ways to give back to our community by giving 4 days off for volunteering per year. We understand the value of taking time to refresh and offer flexible paid time off. We are working to build a better future for everyone, and offer an annual carbon-offset paid by Crunchbase for all employees. These are just a few examples of our generous benefits package, check out our careers page to find out more.
Crunchbase does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status. Every day our team is honored to work with entrepreneurs and innovators from every corner of the globe, and we seek to build a team that reflects the diversity of our customers. Each individual at Crunchbase brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team builds more innovative products, provides a better service to its customers, and helps us all grow and learn as individuals.
Job Type: Full-time