As the world’s number 1 job site*, our mission is to help people get jobs. We strive to cultivate an inclusive and accessible workplace where all people feel comfortable being themselves. We're looking to grow our teams with more people who share our enthusiasm for innovation and creating the best experience for job seekers.
(*comScore Total Visits, September 2023)
Day to Day
As a Senior Application Security Engineer, your role involves close collaboration with software development teams to ensure the safety of our customers during the development of innovative services. On any given day, your tasks may include code inspections to identify security issues, the development of new frameworks to enhance the speed and security of software development, and fine-tuning service designs in collaboration with software developers. As a Senior Application Security Engineer, you’ll apply your skills towards our mission of helping people find jobs and secure our global cloud-native environment which serves 200M unique visitors per month.
We are looking for a seasoned Senior Application Security Engineer to lead our application security initiatives. You will be responsible for the strategic implementation of security measures to protect our applications and data across the company, while mentoring junior engineers and shaping our security posture as well as identifying and removing bottlenecks for your teammates, both in process and technology
As a Senior Application Security Engineer, you will be a vital member of our AppSec team, dedicated to developing, implementing, and advocating for the right level of security integration within our software development lifecycle (SDLC). You will lead efforts in identifying, evaluating, and mitigating security risks related to application development and deployment, ensuring that our applications, services, and infrastructure are designed and implemented securely. Your expertise in security best practices, threat modeling, and secure coding will help safeguard Indeed's mission to "Help People Get Jobs."
- Work closely with development teams to integrate security into the SDLC and to implement secure coding practices, developing security training and guidance as necesssary.
- Participate in incident response activities for application security incidents, including root cause analysis and identification of remediation strategies.
- Evaluate, implement, and manage security tools and technologies to improve the detection and prevention of vulnerabilities.
- Assist in development of security processes and automated tooling that prevent classes of security issues.
- Autonomously solve security problems that require novel methods or approaches
- Support and consult with product and development teams in the area of application security, including threat modeling and AppSec reviews
- Assist teams in reproducing, triaging, and addressing application security vulnerabilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Security, Information Systems, or related field. Equivalent experience will also be considered.
- 5+ years’ experience in an application security role with a focus on software development.
- You possess advanced knowledge of application security principles, frameworks, and technologies such as OWASP Top 10, SANS Top 25, etc.
- You are able to communicate complex security issues and risks in a clear, concise manner to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You have excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills, with the ability to think strategically and act tactically.
- You have familiarity with a wide variety of security tools, technologies, and methodologies.
- You have some level of scripting/development experience (e.g. Python, Java, Ruby, etc.)
Salary Range Transparency
- US Remote - 136,000 - 190,000 per year
- Austin, Metro Area 136,000 - 190,000 USD per year
- San Francisco Bay Area 176,000 - 246,000 USD per year
- Seattle Metro Area 166,000 - 232,000 USD per year
- New York City Metro Area 149,000 - 217,000
Salary Range Disclaimer
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position in the given work location. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range(s) listed is just one component of Indeed's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), a Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Benefits - Health, Work/Life Harmony, & Wellbeing
We care about what you care about. We have a multitude of benefits to support Indeedians, as well as their pets, kids, and partners. Select your country and learn more about our employee benefits, program, & perks at https://benefits.indeed.jobs!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Indeed is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
Indeed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. To request an accommodation, please contact Talent Attraction Accommodations at 1-855-567-7767, or by email at [email protected]. If you are requesting accommodation for an interview, please reach out at least one week in advance of your interview.
Fair Chance Hiring
We value diverse experiences, including those who have had prior contact with the criminal legal system. We are committed to providing individuals with criminal records, including formerly incarcerated individuals, a fair chance at employment.
Reference ID: 43402
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $136,000.00 - $190,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
People with a criminal record are encouraged to apply
- Are you a current or former Indeedian?
- How did you hear about this role?
- Information security: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote