- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in the areas of finance, business management and/or sales operations in mid-to-large scale global Sales Organization
- 1+ years of experience with Business Intelligence and Customer Relationship Management tools for revenue reporting and forecasting i.e. Tableau, Power BI and Salesforce
- experience with Excel
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the leading cloud provider, providing virtualized infrastructure, storage, networking, messaging, and many other services to customers all over the world. AWS runs a globally distributed environment, operating at massive levels of scale. Businesses, educational institutions and governments depend on AWS for secure cloud services and solutions.
This position will be responsible for Business Operations and financial analysis within the Worldwide Public Sector (WWPS) Sales Operations organization. The WWPS Sales Operations and Business Analyst will work in collaboration and coordination with the Capture and Proposal team they support, along with account teams, service teams, and WWPS Business Operations. This role will include establishing dashboards, operational metrics, and reports to support the rapid growth of the AWS public sector business.
A successful individual will be a motivated self-starter who is proactive and action-oriented. They should write effectively and display strong analytical and critical thinking skills. The candidate must also be able to build strong cross-group working relationships and demonstrate exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
Role will be based in Herndon, VA.
Key Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Support the Worldwide Public Sector Capture and Proposal teams and ensure the timeliness, completeness and accuracy of reporting and global Capture pipeline data
- Win/loss analysis, year-over-year and quarterly trend analysis
- Provide market and industry analysis for greenfield, emerging and mature global markets
- Develop customized performance dashboards that encompass key metrics to support the global Capture and Proposal team
- Help establish and maintain dashboards and reporting showing the revenue and success of Public Sector contract vehicles
- Audit and ensure cleanliness of data and Capture pipeline
- Assist in the preparation of data and analysis for Quarterly Business Reviews and strategic narratives
- Experience supporting government, education and/or nonprofit institutions and familiarity of government acquisitions and contract vehicles
- Experience working in a technology or high-growth company
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.