Jubilee JumpStart is an early childhood education program serving children ages 6 weeks to 5 years, that provides quality, affordable child care to families in Washington, D.C. Our mission is to ensure that children are fully prepared for success in school and beyond by providing them with early education, enriched by an intense focus on social and emotional well-being, and practical support to their families. Jubilee JumpStart is currently seeking a candidate to fill the position of Pre-K Lead Teacher. This is a contract position requiring a minimum commitment of 1 year with a desired start date of 8/13/18.
TITLE: Pre-K Lead Teacher
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time, Exempt
REPORTS TO: Education Manager
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and sustain an engaging developmentally appropriate, safe, and healthy learning environment.
- Plan and execute age & developmentally appropriate activities to promote social, emotional, cognitive, and physical development, using the Creative Curriculum and the DC Common Core Early Learning Standards.
- Observation, assessment and recording of each child’s development and behavior using the methods of Teaching Strategies GOLD. Record accurate anecdotal observations, maintain individual child portfolios, and share children’s progress through daily reports, journals, resources, and conferences.
- Develop and maintain a classroom management system that supports children’s successes and uses positive discipline guidance techniques.
- Build and sustain collaborative relationships with families, encouraging families engagement in the classroom and program.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or related field.
- 2 years of classroom teaching experience preferred.
- Bilingual English & Spanish preferred, but not required.
- Experience implementing The Creative Curriculum for Preschool.
- Experience in child assessment using Teaching Strategies GOLD.
- Knowledgeable in CLASS and ECERS.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $50,000.00 to $56,000.00 /year
- Pre-K teaching: 2 years (Preferred)
- English & Spanish (Preferred)