This is a Night Shift position. Oversee the activities of the shift and/or area supervisors to achieve optimal levels of safety, quality, productivity, and delivery to assure internal and external customer satisfaction. Serves as role model, leader, trainer and mentor to immediate staff members.
- Support the Company''s mission, vision, values and goals in performance of daily activities.
- Responsible for performance feedback and leadership of all direct reports including mentoring, coaching, counseling and corrective action when situations dictate.
- Provide key input into the development of departmental strategic goals along with identifying key measurable to support the departmental goals.
- Provide direction and leadership to shift colleagues consistent with plant business plan goals.
- Support shift and/or area supervisors with shift coordination and communication.
- Track, monitor and implement required improvement activities related to business plan, goals, issues, etc.
- Provide scorecard, performance and key metric data as required to support daily, weekly and monthly reporting. Apply action plans and corrective action in all areas that metrics are not met to assure attainment of established targets and goals.
- Ensure accountability and discipline on the shift.
- Work with the shift/area supervisors to attain maximum levels of production utilization and efficiency.
- Responsible for ensuring the entire team has the necessary tools and materials to properly perform their roles safely and efficiently.
- Drive plant manning levels and utilization to assure compliance and improvement to the budget.
- Drive implementation of a progressive production systems and required operating procedures and work instructions to improve plant performance metrics and meet or exceed customer expectations
- Provide leadership and promote positive moral and ensure a total team concept.
- Provide the proactive leadership necessary to achieve and maintain a continuous improvement mind set for the team.
- Direct and help coordinate production department process improvements and corrective actions.
- Assure shift colleagues receive required training and team building.
- Provide input to shift/area supervisors on performance reviews for probationary colleagues.
- Serve as driver and coordinator for plant productivity improvements to achieve plant productivity, quality and cost reduction goals
- Direct, drive and participate in formal problem solving methods for related customer problems/issues.
- Drive and support plant activities towards achieving customer awards and quality registrations (ex. TS 16949, ISO 14001, Q1)
- Responsible for the productivity and press utilization performance of the manufacturing and assembly operations.
- Review the daily production logs from each line for accuracy.
- Audit the communication scoreboards for each line on a weekly basis.
- Communicate key information to the organization through the daily "shift to shift" notes.
- Report weekly and monthly on scrap costs, sorting costs and rework costs for each area of responsibility.
- Assist supervisors in preparing all accident reports for identification of root cause and corrective action.
- Assure all direct reports are aware of their Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) responsibilities and hold all direct reports accountable.
- Assign clear responsibilities for Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) and hold all direct reports accountable for enforcement.
- Assure all safety devices are properly in place and utilized and verify individual usage of personal protective equipment (PPE) by all the work team.
- Responsible for following all internal and OSHA required safety procedures in performing all daily work activities.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all levels of the organization.
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping throughout the plant.
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures (ex. Quality Policy Manual, Colleague Handbook, Level II procedures, etc.)
Reports directly to the Operations Manager. Interfaces on a frequent basis with Quality Assurance, Maintenance, Tool & Die, Materials and Engineering. Also interfaces on an as needed basis with HR, Information Technologies and Accounting.
- Provides direct leadership and supervises Production Supervisors and hourly colleagues.
- Ability to identify, select, train and coach management talent.
- Provides model behavior to demonstrate corporate values.
- Associate''s Degree in Applied Science in Manufacturing, Engineering or Industrial Technology preferred.
- Five to seven years experience as a manufacturing supervisor or a combination of degree and experience.
- Knowledge of manufacturing, stamping and/or assembly process as required for the position.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities in a fast past environment.
- Ability to mentor and teach the team effective problem solving methods.
- Experience in applying lean manufacturing concepts.
- Proven leadership ability and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Computer literacy and proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Experience in quality and environmental measurables such as TS 16949 and ISO 14001.
- Able to read and write in English and perform mathematical calculations
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, WORK ENVIRONMENT AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Duties include but are not limited to:
stand, walk, twist, bend, lift, see, talk and hear. Ability to travel. Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, vibration and hazardous materials.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by colleagues assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, qualifications, or working conditions.