This is a contract position in Tallahassee, FL.
Face-to-Face Interview In Tallahasee Required; No Exceptions.
Candidate must have a minimum of 7+ years as a lead developer or development manager.
Highly Desired Experience
CA Gen, IBI Web FOCUS and WebFOCUS Developer Studio.
Primary Job Duties / Tasks
Must be able to perform the following tasks:
1. Work as a developer and subject matter expert for applications dealing with complex financial business processes on large cross-functional application projects, ensuring that robust and scalable solutions are implemented.
2. Provide guidance and oversight to quality assurance on all new code from inception through integration, staging and production environments.
3. Provide hands-on support to peers and mentor others.
4. Identify, analyze and resolve problems and issues through the use of troubleshooting tools and techniques well as teamwork.
5. Work with team toward continuous improvement; may include design, definition of roadmaps, standardization of processes and methodologies; collaborate with other developers and architects to drive guidelines, methodologies, and documentation.
6. Work in partnership with distributed cross-functional teams to ensure all aspects of the project is communicated, supported and delivered to the highest standards.
7. Develop and apply knowledge of trends, relevant software development technologies and methodologies.
Job Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
Must be able to apply common knowledge, skills, and abilities in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of terminology and concepts of DB2 for z/OS or Oracle databases or similar relational databases, including SQL proficiency;
2. Proficient with Computer Associates’ CA Gen workstation toolset for web server, online and batch procedures preferred;
3. Knowledge of Computer Associates’ CA Gen Com Proxy service preferred;
4. Knowledge of Active Server Pages (Classic ASP) web page development languages VB and J-script required;
5. Knowledge of IBM Z-Server, CICS, JCL, and COBOL;
6. Proficient with Microsoft Visual Studio/.Net required;
7. Knowledge of IBI WebFOCUS and WebFOCUS Developer Studio preferred;
8. Experience with development and maintenance of Software systems dealing with complex financial business processes;
9. Skilled in verbal and written communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution, and customer service;
10. Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high volume, deadline-driven environment;
11. Ability to balance multiple demands and work both independently and as part of a team;
12. Ability to conduct complex systems analysis and translate user requirements into business solutions;
13. Ability to integrate research and best practices into problem avoidance and continuous improvement;
14. Ability to effectively communicate and lead distributed development teams;
15. Ability to display professionalism in dealing with all levels of management and staff;
16. Ability to exhibit creativity and resourcefulness at problem solving while collaborating and working effectively with others across varied disciplines.
Scope of Services
The selected candidate will be assigned to the Office of Information Technology serving the business unit’s needs with respect to documenting critical business processes, analyzing current business functions for effectiveness and efficiency opportunities, assisting in process redesign, assisting in development and testing. Duties may include analyzing financial systems and dependent business processes and assisting in re-engineering in areas impacted by an ongoing business transformation. Duties may also include development, maintenance and subject matter expertise for applications dealing with complex financial business processes on large cross-functional application projects, ensuring that robust and scalable solutions are implemented.
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field or equivalent work experience.
Brandt Information Services, LLC, is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $50.00 to $55.00 /hour
Required work authorization: