Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is seeking a Production Supervisor for its Athens, Tennessee location. This role is responsible to supervise a group engaged in various activities involving skilled trades and related functions. Resolve or participate in resolving technical and logistics problems and assist to develop and implement measures to improve operations and customer relations.
Typical duties/responsibilities for operations may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plan, establish schedules and assign work, considering requirements and priorities. Utilize most effective equipment, considering skills of staff, to cost-effectively achieve objectives while concurrently implementing efforts to continuously improve performance.
- Monitor activities and initiate actions to eliminate problems, ensure that employees are properly trained and work is performed in accordance with health and safety requirements. Resolve semi-complex technical or human resource issues, and work with senior supervisors and human resource representatives to resolve more complex issues.
- Maintain awareness of new developments and technologies. Review equipment capabilities, methods and processes, and make recommendations regarding feasibility of utilizing alternative approaches, modifying or replacing equipment to reduce costs or improve quality.
- Provide guidance and training and ensure fair and equitable treatment of staff. Manage and document employee performance and develop associated recommendations.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related field
- Minimum of 2 to 5 years of experience, OR alternatively, a special combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments.
More about us
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Location Athens, Tennessee, USA
Business Unit Installation Products
Date posted 2019-07-17
Job Function Production and Manufacturing
Publication ID US69090444_E1