Arthur J. Gallagher & Co., one of the world's largest insurance brokers, provides a full range of retail and wholesale property/casualty (P/C) brokerage and alternative risk transfer services globally, as well as employee benefit brokerage, consulting, and actuarial services in the United States. We also offer claims and information management, risk control consulting, and appraisal services to clients around the world.
Arthur J. Gallagher Risk Management Services, Inc. is the U.S. retail property/casualty brokerage division of Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. Our advisors specialize by industry and coverage types—developing solutions uniquely tailored to individual client requirements. We deliver a full range of insurance and risk management products and services, including traditional and loss-sensitive coverages, captives, alternative risk solutions, and financial products to clients around the world. For additional information, please refer to Career Opportunities with Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
The Applications Specialist
assists with divisional user support of business applications and with the investigation of system requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs, prepares, designs, codes, tests, debugs, and maintains moderately complex computer programs
- Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or enhance/modify complex information systems
- Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written
May assist project leaders in the development of lower-level Applications Analysts/Programmers.
- Bachelor's degree and 3 or more years related experience required.
- Competent to work on most phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities, but requires instruction and guidance in other phases.
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization
- Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement, which require, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, age, veteran status, disability, national origin, or any other legally protected status. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.