Zone Manager and indirectly to the Regional Operations Manager and Chief Operations Officer
The Community Manager is totally accountable for all community operations. The purpose of the Community Manager is to effectively manage and coordinate persons, and utilize available resources in order to accomplish community objectives as set forth by any supervisors and/or owners. These objectives will include maximizing occupancy levels and community values while maintaining a positive working attitude. If applicable, the Community Manager will train the assistant manager to assume all managerial duties in the event of the property manager’s absence.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Conduct all business in accordance with MRD policies and procedures. Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other Federal and State laws.
- Oversee and enhance the financial growth of the property by meeting or exceeding yearly budgets. Actively maintain and report monthly variances and narratives.
- Ensure that financial reporting, required reports, record keeping and paperwork is completed correctly and in accordance with company policy and procedure.
- Makes rental rate recommendations to Zone and Regional Operations Manager.
- Maintain community collection efforts on a weekly basis to achieve less than 1% delinquents. Performs evictions and attends court as required on delinquent rents.
- Process all purchase orders/accounts payable items for pre-approval before purchase through the purchase order system.
- Hires, trains, motivates and supervises all on-site staff in order to achieve operational goals of assigned community. This includes new employee orientation and training, ongoing formal and informal performance evaluation, review and approval of timesheets, instructing and advising on-site staff of employee procedures and guidelines.
- Provides comprehensive feedback to non-performing employees. Facilitates disciplinary procedures and documentations up to and including terminations of employment if necessary.
- Conducts on-going training with office staff; e.g., leasing paperwork, workplace safety, and any other type of training that may be needed on a daily basis.
- Reports all liability and community incidents to the corporate office immediately. Ensures that all workers’ compensations claims are reported and proper paperwork is completed.
- Property manager will complete any pertinent safety checklists with maintenance staff.
- Ensures that lease files are complete and accurate.
- Responsible for offices opening on schedule, condition of office, and model apartment.
- Maintains records on all aspects of management activity on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. Submits required reports to supervisors on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Maintain a positive customer service attitude with the focus on achieving lease renewals with rental rate increases.
- Initiate and implement policies/procedures to maintain resident communications; e.g., complaints, service requests, etc.
- Physically walk and inspect community on a weekly basis; check on vacant apartments.
- Update any and all reports with vacancy status on a daily basis. Coordinates with maintenance and make-ready staff to ensure timely condition of apartments after move-out.
- Work closely with Maintenance Supervisor to monitor and schedule all maintenance activity including the preventative maintenance schedule.
- Prepare and follow effective marketing, outreach and resident retention programs. Conduct monthly market surveys, shop competition, maintain a constant awareness of neighborhood market and economic conditions.
- Lease apartments at market rent or higher to maximize rental income.
Position prefers 1-4 years experience in on-site property management/training; or Bachelors degree (B.A.) or equivalent or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer Skills: Word Processing/On-Site Rental System (Must be proficient with a calculator, Excel)
- Work Hours: Full time hours. Must be available on weekends for staffing needs and emergencies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle objects. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include; close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The purpose of this job description is to communicate the responsibilities and duties associated with the position of Community Manager. While the following information should be considered a comprehensive description of this position, it should also be noted that some responsibilities and duties might not be specifically addressed. Management Resources Development emphasizes a team approach and fully expects every person to perform any reasonable task or request that is consistent with fulfilling company objectives. Also, since it is Management Resources Development's philosophy to promote from within whenever possible, we recommend an on-going effort to familiarize yourself with the duties and responsibilities of those positions directly above and around your own. Please review the employee handbook to assist in a better understanding of company policies and employee benefits. This position description does not constitute an employment contract between M.R.D. and any site employee.
I acknowledge that I have received a copy of all pages of the Community Manager job description and that it is my responsibility to read and understand it. If I have any questions about this job description or my job duties at any time during my employment, I understand that I should ask my supervisor or manager. I understand that nothing in this job description changes the at-will nature of my employment and that the company or I may terminate my employment at any time, with or without reason or notice.