Exhibition Hall Manager
Charleston, South Carolina
Part-time, Hourly. Most shifts will occur on nights and weekends.
The Charleston Gaillard Center is an 1,800-seat performance hall located in Charleston, South Carolina. The newly constructed facility also contains 16,000 square feet of exhibit and meeting space, along with office and public spaces. The Charleston Gaillard Management Corporation is a non-profit 501c3 organization responsible for managing the facility.
The Gaillard Center's mission is to provide the Lowcountry with a world-class performance hall, elegant venue space, and vibrant educational opportunities inspiring our dynamic community through the power of the performing arts. We seek to enrich the diverse community of Charleston with artistic and cultural experiences that are accessible and unique, and to serve as an education resource for generations to come. For more information about the Charleston Gaillard Center, please visit http://www.gaillardcenter.org
Day-Of Venue Managers (VMs) at the Charleston Gaillard Center are a critical part of ensuring the success of special events in the exhibition hall, ballrooms, meeting rooms, and other event spaces in the building. VMs report directly to the Exhibition Hall Manager who have detailed the operational and logistics details for each event. VMs typically will begin a shift just prior to the start of an event, and will receive special instructions from the Exhibition Hall Manager upon arrival. The VM will frequently continue to oversee the strike/tear-down of the event, and potentially oversee room flips for subsequent events in the space. In some situations, a VM may be staffed to oversee setup of an event.
- Thorough understanding of Charleston Gaillard Center facility
- Interacting with event client, and ensuring customer satisfaction
- Overseeing load-in and load-out crews, ensuring that the documented plans are enacted on time and in the correct order
- Coordinating loading dock usage amongst vendors
- Overseeing events from start to finish
- Ensuring safety of all attendees by communicating problems to security staff, correcting fire code non-compliance issues, and being able to act quickly in a crisis.
- Assisting clients with light levels, background music requests, additions of chairs and tables, etc.
- Acting as hub of communication between all departments; locating or contacting the correct person to deal with problems as they occur (i.e. custodial, technical services, etc.)
- On-site point person for catering, AV crew, setup crew, security and police representatives, etc.
- Working with clients to make last minute adjustments and changes
- Keeping accurate notes of changes and requests, and whether they were able to be accommodated or not
- Completing event-specific reports, accident and injury reports, etc.
- First in, last out – responsible for unlocking and opening building, and lock up at end of event.
Qualities and Characteristics
- Take charge personalities—if something isn’t going correctly, they notice and fix the problem immediately
- Friendly, professional and accommodating demeanors
- The ability to stay calm and professional during times of stress.
- A willingness to problem solve, be flexible, and adapt to ongoing changes as they occur.
- Must submit to a criminal background check
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States
Please submit cover letter indicating your availability and the maximum and minimum number of hours/shifts you are interested in working each week.
NO PHONE CALLS
The Charleston Gaillard Center is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must be able to lift 30 pounds. Must have a valid Driver’s License and be insurable. Must be comfortable speaking in groups and otherwise representing the Gaillard Center to the public. Applicant must be able to work a varied schedule including night and weekend events and other irregular work schedules.