Progressive Roofing, a national commercial roofing company, is currently seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant in Clinton, MD
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Experience working in the construction industry a plus.
- Support Branch Manager in branch operations
- The day-to-day administrative functions of the branch in HR, Payroll, Product Ordering, Technical Management, Project Coordination, Purchasing, Service, Safety, Accounting, Special Projects, etc. Duties includes fostering a culture of compliance by ensuring that all Corporate and Branch processes are followed.
- Leads by example Progressive Roofing’s commitment to Customer Service for both internal and external customers
- Cross-training of all administrative tasks so that all administrative functions are performed correctly with a high degree of accuracy, consistently and in a timely manner. Includes managing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) within the Branch as this applies but not limited to ~ Timberline, AboutTime, FCS, HR, Safety, Payroll, Product Ordering, Technical Management, Project Coordination, Purchasing, Service, Accounting, etc. Cross training allows for stepping in when admins are absent or in times of overburdened admin schedules.
- Processes all new hire paperwork and submits to Corporate Human Resources. Includes reviewing Company information with new hires; training on AboutTime Electronic Time & Project Management System, FCS Software for service calls, instructing them on Corporate Compliance training, and ensuring all necessary safety training is completed.
- Works in human resources capacity by approving time and attendance for direct reports; assists Branch Manager with performance management process; informs corporate human resources of employee changes, etc. Ensures distribution of and adherence to Corporate and branch Human Resources policies
- Assists in tracking vacation requests for exempt and non-exempt employees; ensures appropriate coverage in all administrative duties
- Support the facilitation of communication between branch and corporate administrative staff
- Assists in the month-end branch accounting close to ensure that all data and information is reported correctly to Corporate Accounting prior to the set deadlines. Participate in branch operational and sales meetings as needed.
- Handle all branch accounting tasks which includes billings, accounts receivables, collections, accounts payables, operations administration, payroll and other matters as requested
- Participates in branch/region AP and AR calls as needed. Assists and manages action items for the branch and aides in collection disputes as needed. Provides copies of invoices and account history reports for branch employees or customers, as needed. Follows up on assigned AP tasks and on-hold invoices and manages unapplied credits and submits washout requests as necessary
- As assigned, orders office supplies, stationary, business cards, laptops, PC’s and network equipment and phones for employees. Maintains office equipment lease agreements and servicing of equipment. Supports the management of vehicles/equipment and submits change forms to corporate management. Additional duties as assigned
- College degree in business administration; or two years of office management experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a professional office environment in a similar industry preferred
- Intermediate to Advanced Working Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required Experience working in an ERP platform (Sage/Timberline, Viewpoint (Maxwell), etc…) strongly preferred
- Ability to understand and apply Company policies and ensure adherence to Company separation of duties and controls
Our offer to you
We work together closely and respect each other. If that is just as important to you as it is to us, apply now!
Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Compliant Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time