Departmental Offices is seeking enthusiastic and dedicated students to serve as non-paid student volunteers to assist in the performance of its mission. From May 20, 2019 - August 2, 2019, students will be exposed to the Federal work environment and will learn about the mission and the roles and responsibilities of the Department of the Treasury.
Departmental Offices is comprised of divisions headed by Assistant Secretaries and Under Secretaries who are primarily responsible for policy formulation and overall management of the Treasury Department. These offices include:
Executive Offices of the Secretary of the Treasury
Management/Chief Financial Officer
Terrorism and Financial Intelligence
Students are required to select up to three program offices from the list above. For more information and detail descriptions, visit Treasury's website www.treasury.gov
Students must possess a desire to learn about government and public policy and be skillful to perform a variety of tasks relating to activities in the areas of finance; federal regulation; domestic and international economic issues; legal and policy guidance; congressional relations, IT/IS inclined as well as possess the following qualities:
Ability to work well in a team environment.
Stong written and oral communication.
Attention to detail.
Working knowledge of computer applications such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, Powerpoint, Visio, etc.
Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to organize a variety of assignments simultaneously and meet tight deadlines.
Job family (Series)
0099 General Student Trainee
Conditions of Employment
Must be a U.S. Citizen (proper documentation required)
Must be at least 16 years of age
Successfully complete Pre-Employment Background Investigation
Actively enrolled at least part-time in an accredited institution
Must be in good academic standing (2.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale)
RELOCATION AND HOUSING EXPENSES ARE PAID BY STUDENT
To be eligible for this internship ALL of the following requirements MUST BE MET at the time of submission:
1. Be a U.S. Citizen (Proper Documentation Required)
2. Be at least 16 years of age
3. Actively enrolled as a degree-seeking student at an accredited educational institution not less than half-time
4. Be in good academic standing (At least a 2.0 GPA)
5. Provide current transcript (unofficial is acceptable) Your application must show all requirements, including education and/or experience required for this position are met. You will be found "INELIGIBLE" if you do not possess the minimum requirements described above required for the position. If your application is incomplete, you will be deemed ineligible.
To be considered for the Summer Student Volunteer Internship, you must apply via the on-line application.
Student must maintain student eligibility and enrollment before and throughout the duration of the internship. (Be actively enrolled at an accredited institution not less than half-time). Graduated students may not volunteer beyond his/her graduation date without proof of future enrollment in an accredited university.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Student must maintain student eligibility and enrollment throughout the duration of the internship. (Be actively enrolled at least part-time at an accredited institution). Graduated students may not volunteer beyond his/her graduation date without proof of future enrollment in an accredited university.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, and if you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, to certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Successfully complete a background investigation.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your:
1. Resume; (Uploaded version preferred)
2. Responses to the online questions; and
3. Current Transcripts. (Unofficial is acceptable)
4. Writing Sample. (Optional - May be requested during interview phase)
Students must submit all required documentation during the application process to be considered. Incomplete applications will not be considered. We recommend that you preview the online questions for this announcement before you start the application process.
To preview questions please click here .
Background checks and security clearance
Public Trust - Background Investigation
Drug test required
Please note that if you do not provide all required documentation, as specified in this announcement, you may not be considered for this position. All applications must include:
1. Resume (Uploaded version preferred)
2. Responses to Online Questions
3. Current Transcript (Unofficial is Acceptable)
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits .
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.