- The intelligence analyst is primarily responsible for the analysis, processing and distribution of strategic and tactical intelligence. They are integral to providing Army personnel with information about enemy forces and potential battle areas.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare all-source intelligence products to support the combat commander
- Assess the significance and reliability of incoming information with current intelligence
- Establish and maintain systematic, cross-reference intelligence records and files
Qualifications and Skills
Job training for an intelligence analyst requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and 13 weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instruction. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and in the field. Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Critical thinking
- Preparing maps, charts and intelligence reports
- Military symbology
- Using computer systems
- Interest in reading maps and charts
- Gathering information and studying its meaning
- Ability to think, speak and write clearly
- Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time. .
Earn Cash For In Demand Jobs
- You could earn up to $40,000 in cash bonuses just for enlisting under certain Military Occupational Specialties. Visit Jobs in Demand to see if this job qualifies for an enlistment bonus.
- In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses. Learn more about education benefits.
Future Civilian Careers
- The skills you learn will help prepare you for a career in research, business planning and even government agencies such as the Central Intelligence Agency.
PARTNERSHIP FOR YOUTH SUCCESS (PaYS) Program
Those interested in this job may be eligible for civilian employment, after the Army, by enrolling in the Army PaYS program. The PaYS program is a recruitment option that guarantees a job interview with military friendly employers that are looking for experienced and trained Veterans to join their organization. Find out more about the Army PaYS Program at http://www.armypays.com.
- AAI CORPORATION
- CONCURRENT TECHNOLOGIES
- GENERAL DYNAMICS LAND SYSTEMS
- LOCKHEED MARTIN
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Salary: $25,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year