PROGRAM: Community Mental Health Center/Private Provider
Mississippi Behavioral Health Services, LLC
REPORTS TO: Case Manager, Clinical Director, Corporate Compliance
SUPERVISED BY: Regional Manager; Regional and agencyClinical Manager (LMHP); Corporate Compliance Officer
- Provide Strength-based, solution-focused supportive therapeutic services in the community.
- Be knowledgeable of your clients including their strengths, diagnosis, treatment goals and treatment plan.
- Assess each recipient for Strengths, Resources, and Goals within the first 30 days of treatment; provide Strength-based planning and treatment on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure each recipient has an Individualized Crisis Recovery Plan on file within 30 days to reduce the risk of harm to self or others, identify precursors, reduce hospitalization, and restore stability.
- Participate in collaborative meetings with Mississippi Behavioral Health Services staff, other agencies or community and natural supports as needed.
- Provide Crisis Intervention services to recipients as needed according to agency policies, procedures, and service definitions.
- Communicate client’s status on a regular basis, including, but not limited to changes in mood or functioning, medical issues and all crisis and health and safety issues.
- Be knowledgeable of and adept at producing effective, clinical documentation of every contact with the recipient.
- Turning in notes on time according to policy. Document all “no shows,” and communicate all difficulties contacting clients with the appropriate office staff.
- Be able, or willing to learn, to use computer interface to complete documentation for billing or other purposes as needed.
- Attend all office trainings as well as regular clinical supervision sessions with Clinical Manager and/or Case Manager.
- Document services provided regularly, concisely, and completely in accordance with clinical standards by office deadline.
- Return phone calls promptly
- Follow all safety rules
- Actively participate in all evaluations conducted by Mississippi Behavioral Health Services
A Mental Health Therapist (MHT) must meet the following educational criteria:
- A Master of Social Work degree; or
- A Master of Arts, Science or Education degree in a mental health related field (an academic program with a curriculum content in which at least seventy percent of the required courses for the major field of study are based upon the core mental health disciplines); and
- DMH credentialed as a Mental Health Therapist
- A minimum of fifteen (15) hours of graduate level course work and/or practicum experience in applied intervention strategies/methods designed to address behavioral, emotional and mental disorders, as a part of, or in addition to the master’s degree.
Job Type: Full-time
- Mental Health: 2 years (Preferred)