The mission of the Pine Room is pure and simple treat every Pine Room team member like family to create a happy ambassador for our guests.
We believe in taking care of our staff first in a way that creates loyalty, kindness, professionalism, and empathy.
The Pine Room aims to create a welcoming and enjoyable workplace that provides challenging and creative opportunities for all!
We are seeking an experienced Host or Hostess that will fit and thrive in our culture!
This position is responsible for greeting guests, welcoming them into the establishment, seating them, and managing the reservation system. The guests receive their first impression of the service of the restaurant by their exchange with the Host/Hostess.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Warmly and graciously greet all guests upon arrival
- When possible, open the front door for guests entering and leaving the restaurant
- When immediate seating is limited, record guest names and number of people in party and suggest ordering a beverage at the bar
- Call out name and number of party when tables become available
- Proficiently manage the guest reservation system
- Provide guests with estimated waiting time, always maintaining a professional, courteous attitude when confronted with hostile, impatient or irate guests
- Accommodate special seating requests for guests whenever possible
- Seat guests based on guest preferences and balancing of customer flow in service stations. We never say “no” please accommodate guests and we will adjust
- Upon seating, offer guests a menu and inform them of their server’s name
- Inspect table for proper presentation and completeness
- Relay messages to servers and server assistants as needed
- Maintain supplies of match boxes, kids coloring kits, cards, and toothpicks at the host stand
- Clean menus of food and stains. Discard the soiled menus
- Perform other duties as assigned by the manager on duty
- Thank guests as they leave and invite then to return
- Relay guests comments or suggestions to the manager on duty
- Maintain the front door glass and front entrance before and during service
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be a team player and demonstrate organizational skills
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
- Excellent verbal and telephone skills to be able to communicate clearly and effectively
- Proficient in reservation management system
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Must speak English fluently and be able to write basic English
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time