Empath Health is a nonprofit integrated network of care that provides expert, life-changing health care to those with chronic and advanced illnesses. Empath Health includes hospice, palliative home health and physician services, independent living assistance and day care for seniors, HIV services and advance care planning.
This position is a three year grant funded position. The Project Coordinator is responsible for effectively and efficiently managing the implementation of the Zero Pinellas: A Partnership to End AIDS in Pinellas grant. This includes working collaboratively with all partner organizations, facilitating the monthly implementation committee, and serving as a liaison with the executive committee. Although this position does not directly supervise any of the other grant funded positions, the project coordinator will maintain informal oversight of staff, informing supervisors if there are performance issues. The project coordinator may be asked to assist with hiring and evaluating staff. The project coordinator will engage in community outreach, working with community stakeholders, ensuring greater access to grant interventions. This position will work closely with the program evaluator, ensuring that all program data is collected as required and that the evaluator has access to the data.
Other essential functions and responsibilities of this position include:
1. Provides leadership to instill a team oriented, results driven, successful implementation of the Zero Pinellas grant.
2. Promotes, articulates, and models the vision, mission and values of the grant project.
3. Participates in the development of the grant team to support integration within all partnering organizations. Assist with hiring of grant funded positions if requested.
4. Manage day to day operational aspects of the project.
5. Effectively and respectfully communicates project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely, clear manner.
6. Liaison with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis. This includes meeting with potential community partners and engaging in outreach activities to increase access to grant interventions.
7. Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
8. Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, and presentations as requested.
9. Offer suggestions about changes to the grant program design that will enhance the client experience and ensure success in meeting all grant deliverables.
10. Collaborate with the partnering organizations to ensure that grant data is being collected timely and as requested.
11. Work closely with the program evaluator, ensuring the evaluator has access to needed data. Assist with all reports as requested.
12. Facilitates the monthly implementation meeting and attends the quarterly executive committee meetings.
13. Other duties as assigned or requested by supervisor.
Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
To be the leader in life-changing health care.
As a Project Coordinator with Empath Health you must be client focused, loyal, motivated and interested in serving HIV/AIDS community.
Other requirements of this role include:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven project management, leadership and relationship building capabilities preferred
- Previous work in HIV or healthcare programming preferred
- Proven focus on execution and commitment to meeting all project goals
- Demonstrates ownership and accountability
- Experience at working both independently and in a team oriented collaborative environment
Empath Health wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education and advancement. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and peace of mind.
Other benefits include:
Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
Voluntary term life insurance
Short-term and long-term disability
Professional group liability insurance
29 Days Paid Time Off annually
Flexible spending accounts
Retirement savings plan with employer match
Cell phone plan discounts
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Local, state and national workshops and conferences
Advanced certification courses
Leadership development programs
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.