The Account Executive (AE) is responsible for prospecting new business and growing an account base while also adding new customers to their territory. We are looking for someone with years of B2B outside sales experience. The ideal candidate is someone with a phenomenal work ethic and an energetic personality; someone with proven track record of closing sales and exceeding targets on a year-by-year basis. The Account Executive must be able to adopt the company’s structured sales process to generate results that contribute to our business growth. The Account Executive must utilize cold calling, networking, personal relationships, and self-generated campaigns to generate face to face prospective customer meetings for the purpose of presenting SpectrumVoIP to win business. This position is located in Nashville, TN.
SpectrumVoIP is a privately-owned company and one of the largest Texas based Business VoIP phone service companies. SpectrumVoIP delivers state-of-the-art technology through our cloud-based, "hosted" phone system service which delivers the most extensive and feature rich telecommunications platform available. We offer businesses cost saving opportunities on their phone bill, increase their current features, and upgrade their internet - all of which are very attractive to business owners. We offer a fun, casual and energetic working environment with motivated people who care about what they do.
Essential Job Functions
- Prospecting, cold calling, canvassing and leveraging your territory and network to gather leads and generate business
- Consult with small business owners in person to understand pain points and build a customized solution to fit their needs.
- Service and grow existing account base by planning and organizing daily, weekly, and monthly work schedule.
- Develop new customers by researching market segments, identifying target customers, and cultivating new relationships.
- Keep management informed by submitting activity reports, such as daily call logs, and weekly work plans. Leveraging our CRM platform.
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, delivery schedules, and overall trends.
- Negotiate new account and existing account contract/purchase order renewals
- Travel occurs 25% - 50% of the time in designated sales territory, some overnight travel may occur.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Possess strong business acumen, tenacity, and proven ability to influence a broad range of decision makers
- Goal oriented with a proven ability in handling multiple priorities and details in a multi-tasking, fast paced environment while maintaining a professional image always.
- MS Office and Salesforce.com (or CRM) experience.
- Ability to learn quickly and think analytically
- Active listening skills
- Working knowledge of sales concepts, methods and techniques
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Working understanding of telecommunications technologies
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of B2B outside sales experience is required with a preference for solutions sales selling skills. Must be able to work independently, as well as part of a team and support company goals and sales objectives.
- A valid driver’s license required
- Must have working computer and internet access
- Cold calling experience required
- Proven track record of networking and prospecting new clients
- The ability to travel, which may include overnight / weekend travel is required.
Location: Nashville, TN
Category: Full Time
Job Type: Sales
Salary: $36,000 / year + variable compensation. (Enjoy an aggressive compensation structure with ability to earn total compensation: $75,000 - $200,000 annual.)
Job Type: Full-time
- cold calling, networking, prospecting: 4 years (Required)
- Salesforce: 2 years (Required)
- B2B outside sales: 4 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave