Job Posting Title:
Position Open To:
Weekly Scheduled Hours:
Earliest Start Date:
Expected to Continue
UT MAIN CAMPUS
Under minimal supervision, responsible for the operation of services related to the multimedia and visualization arena.
- Working across the Enrollment Management and Student Success portfolio and including Admissions, create and use video effectively, leveraging visual storytelling to attract a general audience and/or media coverage. Work with the EMSS Marketing and Communications team to develop new and creative ways to translate academic material into multimedia stories online. Identify high-impact projects that encourage audience engagement and leverage social media. Create, direct and produce video projects from conception to upload. Shoot and edit 4-8 video pieces per month. Collaborate and participate in planning meetings with EMSS stakeholders across the university, as well as university marketing, development, event, and creative services teams for occasional special video projects.
- Collaborate with the EMSS and Admissions colleagues to create video and multimedia elements to boost the impact of outreach and enrollment efforts.
- Stay on top of new developments in online media and share best practices with the newsroom and university communication professionals. Remain technically proficient in all new media software and equipment. Ensure that all video source materials are archived properly.
- Upon approval of videos, load them into the content management system and make them available for social media distribution. Work with social media colleagues to grow engagement on social media channels.
Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, or television broadcasting or digital media. Minimum 4 years of production experience in broadcast media (video, audio, and graphics). Relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
Master’s degree in relevant field. High proficiency in English and Spanish, both written and oral. Avid editing systems and media management. Adobe CC suite (Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Audition). Professional camcorders and DSLRs (Canon, Panasonic, and Sony). Field production lighting, audio recording, and gear. Green screen and studio production environment
$45,000 + depending on qualifications
- May work around standard office conditions
- Repetitive use of a keyboard at a workstation
- 3 work references with their contact information; at least one reference should be from a supervisor
- Letter of interest
Important for applicants who are NOT current university employees or contingent workers: You will be prompted to submit your resume the first time you apply, then you will be provided an option to upload a new Resume for subsequent applications. Any additional Required Materials (letter of interest, references, etc.) will be uploaded in the Application Questions section; you will be able to multi-select additional files. Before submitting your online job application, ensure that ALL Required Materials have been uploaded. Once your job application has been submitted, you cannot make changes.
Important for Current university employees and contingent workers: As a current university employee or contingent worker, you MUST apply within Workday by searching for Find UT Jobs. If you are a current University employee, log-in to Workday, navigate to your Worker Profile, click the Career link in the left-hand navigation menu and then update the sections in your Professional Profile before you apply. This information will be pulled in to your application. The application is one page and you will be prompted to upload your resume. In addition, you must respond to the application questions presented to upload any additional Required Materials (letter of interest, references, etc.) that were noted above.
Regular staff who have been employed in their current position for the last six continuous months are eligible for openings being recruited for through University-Wide or Open Recruiting, to include both promotional opportunities and lateral transfers. Staff who are promotion/transfer eligible may apply for positions without supervisor approval.
Retirement Plan Eligibility:
The retirement plan for this position is Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS), subject to the position being at least 20 hours per week and at least 135 days in length.
A criminal history background check will be required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
The University of Texas at Austin, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer , complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
The University of Texas at Austin will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employment Eligibility Verification:
If hired, you will be required to complete the federal Employment Eligibility Verification I-9 form. You will be required to present acceptable and original documents to prove your identity and authorization to work in the United States. Documents need to be presented no later than the third day of employment. Failure to do so will result in loss of employment at the university.
The University of Texas at Austin use E-Verify to check the work authorization of all new hires effective May 2015. The university’s company ID number for purposes of E-Verify is 854197.