Under general supervision, this position is responsible for administering Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) policy and Sick Leave - performing various clerical duties to support the administration and operational functions.
- Prepare and mail leave notices as required to employees requesting leave.
- Review FMLA and Sick Leave documentation for accuracy and completeness.
- Approve or deny requests for FMLA based on federal regulations.
- Monitor and track FMLA usage. Follow up on required paperwork such as medical certifications, requests for extended leaves, and other required information.
- Maintain FMLA documentation and data for the corporation.
- Provide timely and accurate responses to associates and all levels of management concerning FMLA and Sick Leave.
- Generate reports as required.
- Participates on HR Operations projects as needed.
- Positive professional attitude
- Knowledge of FMLA regulations, medical coding, and/or workers compensation laws
- Working knowledge of Peoplesoft
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Strong team player and demonstrated ability to collaborate with others
- Results-oriented with demonstrated problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle shifting priorities, as well as willingness to work beyond normally scheduled hours when necessary
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to be self-sufficient and self-motivated
- BS/BA in Human Resources or other business discipline
- 2-3 years of experience in HR and/or Payroll, preferably FMLA focused
- Working knowledge of Lotus Notes
- Minimal travel may be required
Inclusion & Diversity
Value inclusion within your day to day responsibilities by respecting others' perspectives/convictions, engaging others' opinions, creating a safe environment where people, ideas, and opinions are valued within your Team/Customers and external partners.
Respect and take into consideration diversity within your Team/Customers and external work partners by valuing different world views, challenges, and cultures that represent all walks of life and all backgrounds.
Treat others with respect and consideration. Actively participate in creating and contributing to a positive work environment.
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply on-line at careers.nisource.com on or before May 23rd!
Equal Employment Opportunity
NiSource is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in each of its companies to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, disability, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any protected group status as defined by law. Each employee is expected to abide by this principle.
By applying, you may be considered for other job opportunities.