Insight Editions, an independently owned pop culture entertainment company spanning books, comics, toys and other fan-focused merchandise, is seeking a Traffic Manager to help streamline and organize our sales and marketing materials pipeline.
Our publishing program includes titles from many of the world’s largest brands and pop-culture staples, from Harry Potter to DC Comics to Disney. This role is a great opportunity for a candidate to help support the sales and marketing teams of a highly successful and growing publishing house, as well as be involved in the launch of exciting new consumer products.
As our partnerships and product lines continue to grow there is a need for us to increase the volume, quality, and timeliness of our sales and marketing materials as well as anticipate the needs for upcoming projects. We are looking for someone who has strong administrative skills, project management, and sales support experience. The right candidate will be entrepreneurial, a self-starter, highly organized, and a problem-solver. This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys a fast-paced environment, has a love of pop-culture, and wants to be a part of the marketing strategy for top entertainment studios and brands. This is also a chance to be a part of a fun, creative, and successful team.
Reporting to the VP Of Marketing, this role will receive and schedule the work of three designers. The ideal candidate will have at least two years of experience as a traffic manager within a high volume agency or production background.
- Partner with Sales and Marketing to anticipate needs and determine the timeline for upcoming projects.
- Project Intake and scheduling. Manage new asset requests, interpret requirements and manage conflicting priorities in order to achieve request deadlines.
- Assign work to the designer, photographer, and Creative Service Manager.
- Factor in approvals timelines with internal stakeholders and external partners where necessary.
- Communicate regularly with internal stakeholders about the status of projects.
- Create weekly updates on the progress of sales materials, the priorities for the week and the action items required in order to advance or complete projects.
- Review and amend existing project briefing process and templates as deemed necessary.
- Archive all created materials within Insight Editions servers, internal databases and external partner databases/cloud storage / FTP folders as necessary.
- Work with the production department to identify and select printing companies who will create our physical sales and marketing materials.
- Ship materials to trade shows and partners as necessary.
- Determine the process and solution for resizing and reformatting digital sales and marketing materials as necessary.
- Delivering art to advertisers and publications in accordance with their specified formats, dimensions and trim size.
- At least two years of experience as a Traffic Manager within an agency or high volume production company.
- Must have experience with printed materials and catalogs/brochures as well as digital assets.
- Strong project management skills. Familiarity with project management solutions such as Trello, Podio, Project, Jira or Smartsheets a strong plus.
- Comfort within a dynamic environment with shifting or occasionally competing priorities.
Job Type: Full-time
- Traffic manager/project management: 2 years